Valued Contributor

Re: Top of fireplace decor?

[ Edited ]

@Marybella wrote:

Thank you for the ideas! We are getting older and don't do a lot of entertaining anymore. 

I hear ya!

I was going to mention that since Covid, we don't entertain any more either, and to be honest, while I decorate to please myself first, I do like to make a good impression when "company" comes over.

But again, the only people who've been in our townhouse (in the last 1.5 years) was a plumber and an electrician (LOL)

Regular Contributor

Very pretty area!

How about a faux fern plant in a basket or pottery and some pretty candles on wood holders.  I would keep it simple.

Valued Contributor

@LavernLuvsShoes wrote:

@Marybella wrote:

Thank you for the ideas! We are getting older and don't do a lot of entertaining anymore. 

I hear ya!

I was going to mention that since Covid, we don't entertain any more either, and to be honest, while I decorate to please myself first, I do like to make a good impression when "company" comes over.

But again, the only people who've been in our townhouse (in the last 1.5 years) was a plumber and an electrician (LOL)

@LavernLuvsShoes 

I could be happy with nothing, but it's that company on occasion that I think about! My bi-weekly cleaning lady doesn't count as company! LOL She does my floors, which I have a hard time doing, anymore!

Respected Contributor

Very pretty. I'd use 1 long pillar candle holder that has varying heights for a simple uncluttered look....I can't tell how long the mantel is so it might take 2.  Lots of finishes, designs to choose from with or without glass & if it has a raised base you can add a garland for Holidays.

Valued Contributor

@Silverfox1 wrote:

Very pretty area!

How about a faux fern plant in a basket or pottery and some pretty candles on wood holders.  I would keep it simple.

@Silverfox1 

Thank, you! Hard to get a good picture of it! That sounds lovely. Simple is best! I'm trying to get rid of stuff these days! 

Valued Contributor

@Marybella wrote:

Simple is best! I'm trying to get rid of stuff these days! 

Me too! - I'm finding that the older I get, the less "stuff" I want or need.Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know how I forgot my favorite quick and simple solution---candle lanterns (flameless) either one large or medium with 3 candles or three small lanterns with 1 candle each. If yiou select a lantern that is not a "holiday" lantern then you are decorated all year. You can add to it or just put a bow, etc. on top of the lantern. (They sell them in the craft stores, home stores or VPH)  Hope one of these work for you. I love the look of the see thru fireplace.  

Honored Contributor

I know it's not for everyone, but I would get one large sculptural object and place it there.

Valued Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

I don't know how I forgot my favorite quick and simple solution---candle lanterns (flameless) either one large or medium with 3 candles or three small lanterns with 1 candle each. If yiou select a lantern that is not a "holiday" lantern then you are decorated all year. You can add to it or just put a bow, etc. on top of the lantern. (They sell them in the craft stores, home stores or VPH)  Hope one of these work for you. I love the look of the see thru fireplace.  

@Fressa Thank you, again! Great idea, as I have lost some of the entusiasm I had for decorating when I was younger! The fireplace is really pretty when it's on in the evening. Hard to get a good daytime photo of it. Thanks!

Valued Contributor

Re: Top of fireplace decor?

[ Edited ]

Fireplace.jpg

Here's a (not too great) pic of mine Woman Happy