Trusted Contributor

Re: Top-Rated dishwasher by Consumer Reports

We love our Bosche.  It's so quiet and does a great job.  You can tell it's running, our shines a little red spotlight on the floor!  The first time we ran it husband said "cool."  It is!

Honored Contributor

I can't believe a Whirlpool/Kenmore dishwasher is rated one of the best, no matter what its price.  I've had several of each of those brands when they were separate and didn't like either. 

I think the next time I buy a new dishwasher it will be a 'gardenman'!  Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I won't go into details, but we will NEVER buy anything from Sears again.  EVER!

Oh you don't have to give any details. I would NEVER buy anything, especially appliances from Sears. NEVER.

"Pure Michigan"
Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I won't go into details, but we will NEVER buy anything from Sears again.  EVER!

Oh you don't have to give any details. I would NEVER buy anything, especially appliances from Sears. NEVER.

Me too.  I'll NEVER, let me repeat, NEVER buy from Sears. My experience was so bad, I still have nightmares. 

Honored Contributor

I used to have a Bosch I paid a little over $600  for in 2001. It stayed with the house we sold when we retired to Fl. I now have a GE that came with the new house. I would never pay $1000 for any dishwasher, but I would love to have another Bosch. I could be standing right beside it and it was so quiet I could not hear it running. It also superheated the water so the dishes got so clean they were amazing.

Respected Contributor

I've had such good luck with Kenmore appliances. A 12 yr. old dishwasher with never a service call on it, a Kenmore gas range, approx. 4 yrs. old , never a problem, Kenmore washer and dryer, the dryer is around 8 yrs. old, no problems, the clothes washer is new so don't know about this one yet. I checked the model numbers on each appliance and I found that the stove is a frigidairs and the other appliances are by Whirlpool. I do have a Samsung refrigerator from Sears, no problems their either. And I just remembered that my new microwave is a low priced Kenmore model.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

How much?  My new job pays considerabile more than my old, so I'm looking to update a few things like my dishwasher.  I'll consider you. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I've been wondering about their appliance recommendations lately, too.  I'm not in the market for $2,000 kitchen appliances.  I'm sure the staff of CR gets to buy all that stuff at steep discounts.  Get back to earth, people, or my 20 year subscription is getting cancelled. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have a Bosch dishwasher. Quiet as can be! Wouldn't have any other brand
Respected Contributor

Both my sister and grandmother have a Bosch.  They are very quite and work very well.