Esteemed Contributor

Too hot in Covina, CA. Haven't been outg for my usual walk for 3 days. Suppose to cool down shortly so I will see If I know how to walk. They warn old people like me to stay home. It is boring here alone and the Q is no help with their goods.

Honored Contributor

It's unseasonably hot here where I am in CA, too, @cbrite .

Not fun.  At least so far it's cooling down at night.

It used to be we might have a stretch of two or 3 days maybe once or twice a summer like this, but these days the hot days drag on and on.

I'm sorry to hear your ceiling fan isn't working.  I have one in the kitchen I like very much, and in the living room and bedroom, I like those Holmes fans QVC sells.  

Image result for holmes floor fan

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Cold, cold,cold here in upper Michigan!! I'm so tired of wearing sweatshirts now into mid June!! RIght now it's 58 out. We're tied for the coldest Spring in the record books. I'm beginning to wonder if we are even going to have a Summer this year.. Stop complaining and enjoy your heat! I wish it was HOT here!!

I love the cold!🌬❄

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Esteemed Contributor

Unseasonably cool in the lower Midwest (Missouri). Low to mid 60s today and just had more rain tonight that we don't need. The Mississippi and Missouri Rivers are flooding....we need a week with no rain!

Trusted Contributor

W. MA - we had a very wet, cool spring.  This is typical of our Spring season.

Yesterday & today, wonderful 70s, sunny & blustery at times.  Tomorrow 50s & rain all day, which I'm ok with.  I tend to have more energy in cooler weather.  Very hot weather just zaps it!  

When the humidity eventually arrives, wish I could send it out to sea.  

Honored Contributor

I live in Oklahoma.  Usually we are already way up in the 90's by now.  But this year, it is in the 70's and 80's and we are soaked to the gills and flooded in many places and it is STILL raining almost every night.  It is terrible!

We had 85 confirmed tornadoes in May, which is the 3d most in recorded weather history.  At least that has slowed down, but many places have had more than half of the year's average rainfall just in the month of May and MORE is on the way.  

Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

It's unseasonably hot here where I am in CA, too, @cbrite .

Not fun.  At least so far it's cooling down at night.

It used to be we might have a stretch of two or 3 days maybe once or twice a summer like this, but these days the hot days drag on and on.

I'm sorry to hear your ceiling fan isn't working.  I have one in the kitchen I like very much, and in the living room and bedroom, I like those Holmes fans QVC sells.  

Image result for holmes floor fan

Heart @GingerPeach  Hi !!! 🌺

Well I had the blade direction switched....lol.....works a bit better....🙄 Goof things..

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach  Forgot to ask if you get high humidity? I do...night and day. Maybe installing a vent up high would help....hope you are good. 

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:

Too hot in Covina, CA. Haven't been outg for my usual walk for 3 days. Suppose to cool down shortly so I will see If I know how to walk. They warn old people like me to stay home. It is boring here alone and the Q is no help with their goods.

@halfpint1 

Such a darling comment....made my day!😋

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Cold, cold,cold here in upper Michigan!! I'm so tired of wearing sweatshirts now into mid June!! RIght now it's 58 out. We're tied for the coldest Spring in the record books. I'm beginning to wonder if we are even going to have a Summer this year.. Stop complaining and enjoy your heat! I wish it was HOT here!!

@ID2 You have any rooms for rent? 😬 Want to trade States? 

-Do Not Copy Pls-