Honored Contributor

Re: Toilet seat recommendations

@Desertdi    Sounds like the crud was the only thing holding it together.  Who knew crud was beneficial? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi    Sounds like the crud was the only thing holding it together.  Who knew crud was beneficial? 

@Kachina624    Interesting conclusion......since I DRINK THE TAP WATER(!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I want a bidet-type seat. 

I like the idea of the bidet seats, but my tap water is cold, as in very cold. Blasting my nether regions with ice water doesn't seem all that comfortable to me. I'm sure some have heaters built in but getting one with just the right temp without boiling or freezing one's nether regions might be a wee bit of a challenge. And if you share a bathroom with someone else, you just know both people could never agree on the "right" temp. (By the way, adjusting the temp one way or another would be a neat practical joke to play on someone. "Yeow!!! Who set the bidet on ice cold?" Or "boiling hot" for that matter.) "Real" bidets tend to have the hot and cold faucets you adjust before using but the seats don't seem to have that unless it's hidden somewhere.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

No.  When we moved into our last two homes, my husband changed out all the toilet seats.  I'm pretty sure he just bought whatever was available at Home Depot.  His only requirement of a toilet seat is self close.  In the house we're living in now, they were also all changed out and lasted.  However, one by one, each toilet is being replaced with a new one and all the toilets I've bought are Kohler.  3 different styles (so far)...no problems (knock on wood).

Contributor

Oh my😊