Honored Contributor

Re: Time to buy a stove, looking for suggestions.

@proudlyfromNJ I see another poster likes the deep clean cycle on her Samsung and not the steam clean feature. I'd just tell you to try both and see what you think. I put some water in the well and it cleans much like a steam cleaner that QVC used to sell for bathroom and kitchen surfaces. I simply wipe away the residue when it's done.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ I see another poster likes the deep clean cycle on her Samsung and not the steam clean feature. I'd just tell you to try both and see what you think. I put some water in the well and it cleans much like a steam cleaner that QVC used to sell for bathroom and kitchen surfaces. I simply wipe away the residue when it's done.

@AuntG  Ok, thanks. I had the oven clean cycle on my old oven. Didn't think it did that good of a job, but the oven was old. I will try both. Thanks again.

Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I bought this about 2 years ago and love it.

Maytag has a bit longer warranty than other brands.  I chose this specific model because it does not have their new self cleaning system called Aqua Clean.  Reviews on that were absolutely horrible.  I made sure that this model didnt have that.

My only pet peeve with it is the timer.  Whoever designed that needs to be fired.  It is hard to set and you can't even hear it when it goes off.  I use an external timer from Pampered Chef.

The elements on top are also a reason I picked it.  The bridge element is killer.  I happen to have an oval Le Creuset pan and it works beautifully when I use that feature.  It's 2 elements at the same time, plus the space between them heats up so that everything cooks evenly.  I use it to cook bacon and I've never cooked bacon so fast and so evenly before this.

It also has the warming element, which I thought would work well for mulling spices, but it's not hot enough for that.  It's really for keeping things warm once they are already hot from cooking.  Since it's just me, I don't use that feature because I don't need to keep anything warm.

It's a double oven, bottom is convection, glass top.

Maytag Oven Model # met8800fz

Oven.jpg

@VaBelle35  On your recommendation I researched this stove and found it for $350 less than the big box stores sell it.  Was ready to order only was told Maytag has been hit hard since the virus, it is on backorder. I am disappointed but still going to order and should have it by fall. 

Honored Contributor

@panda1234   That's a great deal.  I bought mine from a local Maytag dealer (they also are the Speed Queen dealer in this area) and I think they gave me $200 off and she didn't charge me for delivery and removing my old one because I had bought the Speed Queen washer and dryer a few months earlier.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

The other thing I wanted to mention is if you have really good racks in your current oven and it's the same size, save them before they take it.

Oven racks these days are really cheap.  I noticed that in all the models I looked at in all brands.

I have Le Creuset dutch ovens and they are very heavy.

I need to go to a used appliance parts store and get some old sturdy ones.

I meant to keep mine from my GE but forgot.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@panda1234   That's a great deal.  I bought mine from a local Maytag dealer (they also are the Speed Queen dealer in this area) and I think they gave me $200 off and she didn't charge me for delivery and removing my old one because I had bought the Speed Queen washer and dryer a few months earlier.

@VaBelle35  I too have a Speed Queen washer and dryer, love them both.

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@VaBelle35  I too have a Speed Queen washer and dryer, love them both.

I was so glad I read on here to get the Speed Queen before they changed the design.  

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I did like the old GE stoves with actual burners and an oven at both the top and bottom... Tried the cooking 'surface' and hated it... SInce then, I've had gas cooking for many years and prefer it, though I'm not wedded to either...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...