Honored Contributor

Time for Cafe, Parisian Style

No photo description available.

Valued Contributor

Re: Time for Cafe, Parisian Style

We are antique clock collectors, so we would love a table like this in our home. So unique.

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono   Happy Sunday to you.  That is such a welcoming arrangement.  Love the bentwood chairs and the "timeless" tables.  

I'd love to have a fragrant pot of Lavender Earl Grey and some exquisite pastry with my journal handy to sketch or jot down my musings as I take in the scene.

If it was later in the day would love a charcuterie plate and a lovely carafe of a simple red house wine.

As always, thank you for taking the time to post this.

aroc3435

Washington, DC 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nomar wrote:

We are antique clock collectors, so we would love a table like this in our home. So unique.

@nomar 

I did not know any other QVC board member was an antique clock collector.  I only have 4 remaining.  I sold mine to a dealer when husband became 24/7 care.  I do have some little ones mantel clocks that I will leave to my children but I only kept a beautiful Italian clock, a French Louis IV clock, a French mantle clock and a grandfather that was my grandparents.  Oh, yes and a gingerbread that I have put on my MIL's library table.  But one son got a clock and the others picked one.  I might give those for Christmas gifts.  I still have them.  The one the son took with him is a huge wall clock from Vietnam.  Very ornate design.  

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

It's a cute and clever idea....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono @Spurt @aroc3435 @nomar 

Happy Passover, Happy Palm Sunday to those who celebrate and/or worship this time of year for whatever faith.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

Would love to be sitting right there, right now with time passing and not being required to look at the clock, just set my cuppa latte down and enjoy the passersby and friends.

Valued Contributor

@Nonametoday  Yep. You  have met another clock collector. We have been collecting clocks for 40 years. Have approximately 300 from large standing, large wall and all the way down to novelties. But, we are slowly selling some and realize most will have to go one of these days if and when we downsize. They are like a member of the family.Of course they do not all run or we would go crazy, but all do run in good mechanical condition. Husband has been the clock repair man in this area for years. Before someone says, how do you keep them clean and manage the clutter of them, I will say they are spread out over 2 levels and husband does help dust them. People are fascinated when seeing them. They had no idea there were so many styles and kinds from the1800's.

Honored Contributor

@nomar wrote:

@Nonametoday  Yep. You  have met another clock collector. We have been collecting clocks for 40 years. Have approximately 300 from large standing, large wall and all the way down to novelties. But, we are slowly selling some and realize most will have to go one of these days if and when we downsize. They are like a member of the family.Of course they do not all run or we would go crazy, but all do run in good mechanical condition. Husband has been the clock repair man in this area for years. Before someone says, how do you keep them clean and manage the clutter of them, I will say they are spread out over 2 levels and husband does help dust them. People are fascinated when seeing them. They had no idea there were so many styles and kinds from the1800's.

@nomar 

Oh, my.  I never had more than about 100 at one time.  I tried to make them all chime simultaneously but some of the older ones, whether due to losing time, gaining time, or unlevel floors would not go off all together, but I loved it even if they were seconds or 1-2 minutes apart.  It is a lot of work to keep them all wound, running and repaired (My husband was not a repairman).  Our local repairman who is a member of our church moved to China (argh) to teach them how to work on and build nice clocks rather than the junk they are putting out.  I miss him.  

Esteemed Contributor

How neat!  Would love to have a little break here!