Honored Contributor

Tic-Tac-Toe Floral Prints

[ Edited ]

I like this room. I like most of the colors, furnishings, prints, accessories, & artwork. I think everything works together very well. I like the pop of green with the black & white. The floral prints also add more color to the room, although the shape reminds me of a tic-tac-toe grid. I might not hang so many. 

A white sofa isn’t vey practical, and I probably wouldn’t choose the style of the green chair with gold metal. Still, overall, the room is pleasing to my eyes. 

One thing I really dislike, though, is the animal print rug. It would have to go. 

Other opinions?

9E7CB2F7-BF35-405E-86CF-3610DC55C485.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Tic-Tac-Toe Floral Prints

I love the pictures and arrangements.  I have used them either with same size/matching frames or I have gone collage.  Love the look.  I don't like animal prints for the most part so I agree regarding the rug....  but great room overall!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

The curtains, lamp and black and white stripe chair are perfection. I also love green with black and white. I would take the floral prints down, I like them but too much in a small space. Very nicely done room.

Regular Contributor

That rug brought back memories. More than 10 years ago when I sold furniture the company I worked for sold a rug just like that.  I can't remember if we sold any.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really like this room. It's light, bright, colorful and cheerful without being overwhelming. I might just leave it the way it is, though I agree @wilma I'm not loving the modern vibe of the green chair. I do like the color though, and I have no problems with the white sectional. In fact, I like it a lot. I don't much like the border on the curtains, but it picks up the colors in the chair and the rug. I would, however, need a real coffee table, though the ottoman could stay and serve as, well, an actual ottoman.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

agree agree agree. rug has to go.  i like the arrangment of the pictures, but i would not have the flowers in them.  not sure what i would have.  i have that type of arrangment of photos in my dressing room, but it is of vintage kitties, by a particular artist.  wouldn't work with the kitties in this room tho.

Esteemed Contributor

Shoutout to whoever hung those pictures.

It is not as easy as you think!

Honored Contributor

Except for the sofa section in front of the fireplace and ottoman/coffee table too large for this space, and too close to the sofa, I think it's well done.

Not my style, and not enough 'warmth' for me.

Respected Contributor

@wilma 

This is a pleasant, cheery room.

A couple things I'd change:  I dislike any animal prints, choose a different chair-maybe with a yellowish/blue print color & pillows to match or a neutral color.  While the floral prints are pretty, I'd probably go with scenic prints.

The drapes aren't bad since they seem to be the light, flowy type & not heavy.

Love the stack stone on the fireplace, it's unique.

Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't change much in this room. For some reason the border on the curtains hits my eye in a negative way. I would change to solid white.

The sectional in front of the fireplace makes no sense at all to me so I would have the L shape of the sofa facing the fireplace and the green chair next to the fireplace or maybe do away with it.

I like the rug, the prints, the placement of the prints, and the ottoman.

It's a bright pretty room. I really like black, white, and green together.