Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,951
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Thymol oil

Where to buy this oil ,to add to homemade cleaners, yes i know about miracle clean ,on hsn,but want this oil.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,397
Registered: ‎08-18-2016

Re: Thymol oil

Personally I use Cucumber Thyme oil by WEN. The thyme fragrance is strong, and it smells like a handful of fresh, crushed thyme, but it's a blend of oils, not 100% thyme oil.

 

I tapped "thymol oil" into Google and saw several possibilities for you. Why don't you try there?

That way you can find the exact blend you're looking for.

 

Super Contributor
Posts: 427
Registered: ‎04-03-2013

Re: Thymol oil

Seventh Generation has this in its disinfecting cleaner.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,951
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Thymol oil


@Hedge wrote:

Personally I use Cucumber Thyme oil by WEN. The thyme fragrance is strong, and it smells like a handful of fresh, crushed thyme, but it's a blend of oils, not 100% thyme oil.

 

I tapped "thymol oil" into Google and saw several possibilities for you. Why don't you try there?

That way you can find the exact blend you're looking for.

 


Yes, i googled it before, i asked !!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,397
Registered: ‎08-18-2016

Re: Thymol oil

[ Edited ]

You googled before posting your question?

Then I really don't understand your post specifically asking where to buy this. @goldensrbest 

I must be thick today.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,290
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

Re: Thymol oil

[ Edited ]

100% pure thymol is not an oil. It is a crystal in it's purest form. When it's found in an oil then that's  the natural way it comes without extracting the crystals from it. Thymol crystals are extracted from thyme oil through a chemical process. Thymol crystals will not dissolve in water. Alcohol or other organic solvents will dissolve the crystals. 

 

@goldensrbest 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,951
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Thymol oil


@SilleeMee wrote:

100% pure thymol is not an oil. It is a crystal in it's purest form. When it's found in an oil then that's  the natural way it comes without extracting the crystals from it. Thymol crystals are extracted from thyme oil through a chemical process. Thymol crystals will not dissolve in water. Alcohol or other organic solvents will dissolve the crystals. 

 

@goldensrbest 


I found the crystals, on line  ,what are they used for?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,951
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Thymol oil


@Hedge wrote:

You googled before posting your question?

Then I really don't understand your post asking where to buy this. @goldensrbest 

I must be thick today.


Because i thought perhaps some one uses this.I can ask ,correct?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,290
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

Re: Thymol oil

Would it not be easier to use thyme oil instead to make a cleaner?  Thymol crystals require volatile chemicals to dissolve them and that might not be a good thing. @goldensrbest 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,290
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

Re: Thymol oil

How do you make thyme oil disinfectant?
 
Put thyme essential oil into an ounce of rubbing alcohol, shake it together, then fill the rest of an 8-ounce spray bottle with water.
 
Ingredients:
  1. 10-30 drops thyme essential oil.
  2. 1 oz. rubbing alcohol.
  3. 8-ounce spray bottle.

@goldensrbest