Honored Contributor

Where to buy this oil ,to add to homemade cleaners, yes i know about miracle clean ,on hsn,but want this oil.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Personally I use Cucumber Thyme oil by WEN. The thyme fragrance is strong, and it smells like a handful of fresh, crushed thyme, but it's a blend of oils, not 100% thyme oil.

I tapped "thymol oil" into Google and saw several possibilities for you. Why don't you try there?

That way you can find the exact blend you're looking for.

Valued Contributor

Seventh Generation has this in its disinfecting cleaner.

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

Personally I use Cucumber Thyme oil by WEN. The thyme fragrance is strong, and it smells like a handful of fresh, crushed thyme, but it's a blend of oils, not 100% thyme oil.

I tapped "thymol oil" into Google and saw several possibilities for you. Why don't you try there?

That way you can find the exact blend you're looking for.

Yes, i googled it before, i asked !!

Esteemed Contributor

You googled before posting your question?

Then I really don't understand your post specifically asking where to buy this. @goldensrbest 

I must be thick today.

Honored Contributor

100% pure thymol is not an oil. It is a crystal in it's purest form. When it's found in an oil then that's  the natural way it comes without extracting the crystals from it. Thymol crystals are extracted from thyme oil through a chemical process. Thymol crystals will not dissolve in water. Alcohol or other organic solvents will dissolve the crystals. 

@goldensrbest 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

100% pure thymol is not an oil. It is a crystal in it's purest form. When it's found in an oil then that's  the natural way it comes without extracting the crystals from it. Thymol crystals are extracted from thyme oil through a chemical process. Thymol crystals will not dissolve in water. Alcohol or other organic solvents will dissolve the crystals. 

@goldensrbest 

I found the crystals, on line  ,what are they used for?

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

You googled before posting your question?

Then I really don't understand your post asking where to buy this. @goldensrbest 

I must be thick today.

Because i thought perhaps some one uses this.I can ask ,correct?

Honored Contributor

Would it not be easier to use thyme oil instead to make a cleaner?  Thymol crystals require volatile chemicals to dissolve them and that might not be a good thing. @goldensrbest 

Honored Contributor
How do you make thyme oil disinfectant?

Put thyme essential oil into an ounce of rubbing alcohol, shake it together, then fill the rest of an 8-ounce spray bottle with water.

Ingredients:
  1. 10-30 drops thyme essential oil.
  2. 1 oz. rubbing alcohol.
  3. 8-ounce spray bottle.

@goldensrbest