Respected Contributor

Remember when the style a few years back was to have lots of pillows on your bed?

I remember having probably over 8 of them on our bed along with the regular pillows and pillow shams.   I knew women who had more than 20 of them.    I finally got so tired of pulling them off the bed at night and then picking them up and putting them back on the bed each morning.   

I decided to get rid of all of them and just have the regular pillows and two pillow shams.

My husband was so thrilled.  He just hated all those pillows.  

So my question is, do you still have lots of pillows on your bed or did you decide that look wasn't for you any longer?

Honored Contributor

Re: Throw pillows on the bed?

Mine lasted about 2 weeks ....it was freeing to get rid of themWoman LOL

Regular Contributor

I only have 5 extras but even they are a pain. I have a love seat in my bedroom that is mostly their permanent home because I paid so much for the extras I hate to get rid of them. Wish I had room for a storage chest at the bottom of the bed to use as storage when they're not on the bed.

Honored Contributor

Since no one sees our bedroom but us I have the comforter folded at the bottom and I just have a quilt thrown on the bed over the sheets, with regular pillowcases on the pillows.

If my bed was visible from the more public areas of the house I would fix it up more.

The bed in the guest room has a beautiful quilted amish bedspread.The pillows are under the spread.Keeps it simple.

Honored Contributor

I've always had lots of pillows and always will.  Regular sized ones, Euro shams, and small pillows to put here and there (boudoir size ones--Cuddledown carries them) plus a couple for color.

Valued Contributor

I always wanted that look, but, I knew I would get tired of putting and taking off the extra pillows everyday. Plus, I don't think hubby would have liked it. It is very pretty though . 

Respected Contributor

Right now there are 7, and the bed looks too pretty with them to not use them ...DH is sweet about it too.Tells me the house always looks nice (:

Regular Contributor

I don't think I ever thought about keeping my bedroom in style.  I still have throw pillows on my bed, I've liked that look since I was 15 and my mom got me a double bed when we redecorated my room.  I never stopped liking the look and I still do it.  I have queen size bed now and I have my two queen size pillows and 6 throw pillows of various sizes on it.  

Honored Contributor

I never liked the look of mulitple throw pillows on the bed, so never adopted the look. At most, I might sometimes have two or three. Most of the time, I leave them off when I make the bed and only put them on if I want the room to look extra nice.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I have two sleeping pillows and five decorative pillows on my bed.  They take three seconds to remove at night and five seconds to put back in the morning.  Yes, I timed it. I like having an attractive, finished looking bed.  I make the bed every morning and seeing it tidy makes me smile.