Honored Contributor

I do think they work "scale-wise".   They do not detract from anything and they add the length and presence  that the book case  and objects provide on the other side.  That, to me, balances the room.

Honored Contributor

One would be too small but since there are three, they have the impact of a much larger painting.  I think they go very nicely in that space.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

They all look okay to me, the only reason I say okay is because I detest gold frames.

Esteemed Contributor

No they do not work for me. I didn't understand why until I realized there are to many squares in the room, ceiling, throw pillows, even the piping on the couch accentuates squares, over fireplace, on shelving, coffee table, it's not appealing to me. I agree with a previous poster, it looks staged and not well.  It would take me awhile to decide what would work so no suggestions other than strip the room and start over.

Honored Contributor

They don't work for me.  The paintings need to be larger and more importantly wider to balance the other side of the room.  

Esteemed Contributor

I think the 3 smaller framed paintings are perfect for that space. They seem to balance the fireplace painting and the bookshelves. I tend to think that sometimes less is best when it comes to artwork on a wall or decor on side tables, etc. The vertical lines on the right work well.

Honored Contributor

First of all, I don't like the big painting over the fireplace.  Everything else in the room has a more modern feel and then that old, gilded frame and painting?  Nope.

And the three smaller paintings don't work for me either.  Too small, too much frame, too much space around them.  I'd either put one elongated, framed picture there or some kind of artwork that isn't square.  I'd even leave it blank, in preference.  There's enough going on everywhere else.

And while I'm at it, why do designers (or stagers) feel they have to put these ridiculous vases of large leaves on a coffee table?  They're not practical, they get in the way and no one would have them in real life.  The smaller vase of white flowers would've looked so much better.

Honored Contributor

I don't mind the picture placement and in fact love the one over the mantle.  I would make changes with the couches and put an Oriental rug down, the room is lovely but needs a perk up!

Respected Contributor

The 3 small paintings look like space-fillers.  They neither add nor detract...they're just sort of there.  I love the ceiling and the tinted paint.

Respected Contributor

To me, the 3 paintings are perfectly positioned and their size - just right.

I love the entire room!