Honored Contributor

I think they work but I would prefer 1 long rectangular painting.

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono, Morning Lola, Personally I think if this was my room I would have a bookcase similar to one on left built. Otherwise, I would use a large vertical print since  this is in the same room smaller prints appear ( in my humble op. LOL) out of scale. I hope you are able to get a little relaxation during the holidays. May YOU have much happiness and good health in 2021 my friend. My wishes for LTT1 also. Prov.

Esteemed Contributor

I like them, but I would have hung them lower.  That room looks very comfy.  Love the ceiling.

Super Contributor

@Scorpio1971 wrote:

Yes they work.  The main focal point is the fireplace & large painting above it.  The space to the right is a long rectangular space.  From my perspective & photographic past a single painting would not work in that space, and it would have to be a vertical piece to work in that area.  The 3 smaller items fill in that empty wall vertically without being obtrusive. Additionally they are on the same size scale as the items on the shelves to the left of the fireplace so I think they visually balance the wall.   I really like the placement & sizes of them.  

Totally agree.

Man plans. God laughs.
Honored Contributor

It's a handsome room. The three art works are fine. They might each have been a tad larger or a fourth included in the same space, but they work as-is...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor
No...they're too small for that wall space.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

I think they work but I would prefer 1 long rectangular painting.

@DREAMON 

Agree. 

Honored Contributor

It works. The 3 framed paintings balance well with the scale of the items in the built-in shelves....... I think something larger would detract from the artwork above the fireplace.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”