Valued Contributor

Re: Those of you with clear glass showers . . .

Yes, when they fabricate your shower glass you can have them put a product on that helps a lot but you still need to use the squeegee.  We've had ours about a year and I'm a lot more flexible now.  My husband won't use this shower because he doesn't want to do it.  Our shower has 3 sides of glass, the largest piece is slightly larger than a queen size bed.  I squeegee it once quickly and then do it again with more precision.

libby's folly
Honored Contributor

@BklynKinsey wrote:

I have a large walk-in shower with clear glass wall and door.  After every shower, I squeegee the walls and the glass.  I then use a small towel to wipe down around the hardware and any corners where there might still be moisture.  I rarely have to do any other maintenance.  As others have said, it just becomes a habit and takes maybe 2-3 minutes.

Yes,  this.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

As I read these posts, if leaving the shower door alone, it only needs to be cleaned when it shows the need, but the suggestions here are to clean every day, seems more work in the long run.

Honored Contributor

We have a glass shower. No, we don't clean the glass every time we use it. Our cleaning lady cleans it every two weeks. She's coming tomorrow. It looks as good today as it did two weeks ago when she came. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Funny story about using squeegee in shower. When my husbands brother and his wife visit they know I want the squeegee used in shower so they practically knock each other down trying to take the first shower so the last one has to clean. They don’t us a squeegee at their home.

Super Contributor

I use a squeege after each use.  It hangs in my shower and is really no big deal.  Once a week I use Bio Cleaner (a product I got on QVC) on the door and it helps to prevent streaks and drops.  The Squeege takes very little time and effort.

Esteemed Contributor

I am saving up my squeegee money so I can take a contract on whoever invented clear glass doors.  They are the worst make-work deal ever.

Honored Contributor

I had glass doors over 15 years ago in my townhome in San Francisco.  I would wipe the glass doors before leaving the shower.  It was a pain.  I now have a shower curtain which I prefer.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

When we bought our house the shower doors were clear...i had to clean it each time....eventually we bought new shower doors and i made sure they had a frosted design to them.....problem solved....now only super clean them every  3 to 4  weeks.........................

Honored Contributor

I don't know about shower glass doors BUT I wouldn't use Rain X on them.

My spouse thought it would be a good idea to use it on our slider doors (I have 20' slider off my DR) and what a MESS.  He didn't like the condensation the windows from the humidity...now they are "streaked" and I've tried everything to clean it off.  

When the guy was here giving the new window estimate I asked him if RainX should be used on windows.  He said NO that stuff is formulated for windshields not windows in homes.  

Gotta  live with it because the slider is $15,000 w/o installation costs.