Honored Contributor

Those of you with clear glass showers . . .

Or even clear doors.  Do you have to clean the glass after every shower?  We have an enclosed alcove with a frosted glass door.  It shows nothing,  Is there a product you can put on the clear glass to let the water sheet off or do spots form?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Those of you with clear glass showers . . .

You can use Rain-X or other hydrophobic product. Water will bead and roll off the surface, and you will have to clean the glass less often.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Trusted Contributor

I do clean the glass after every shower.  If you get in the habit, it's not a big deal.

Respected Contributor

We have a small squeegee hanging in the shower that we use after every shower. If you use after every shower it works. We’ve been doing this so long it’s just habit. 

Respected Contributor

I have frosted glass doors attached to the tub/shower.  I keep a microfiber cloth in the shower, and wipe down the doors and walls after each shower.  It works great...I've never had any buildup.

Super Contributor

I have a large walk-in shower with clear glass wall and door.  After every shower, I squeegee the walls and the glass.  I then use a small towel to wipe down around the hardware and any corners where there might still be moisture.  I rarely have to do any other maintenance.  As others have said, it just becomes a habit and takes maybe 2-3 minutes.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I also squeegee and wipe down with a micro fiber, and as others said here it doesn't take long and it is less cleaning. 

Respected Contributor

@Leggett28 wrote:

We have a small squeegee hanging in the shower that we use after every shower. If you use after every shower it works. We’ve been doing this so long it’s just habit. 

We do the exact same thing and it only takes a minute to do it and just has become habit for us also.

Honored Contributor

I use a product similar to Rainx that causes the water to bead up.  I do have a squeege in my cabinet nearby which I place on a shelf in the shower when I get into the shower and wiped it down, sotospeak.  Then my housekeeper cleans it and uses the drip/drop repellant on it when cleaning once a week or every other week, whenever she comes.  I have her more often in summer because of our dog (which we no longer have) tracking in and out and floors needing thorough cleaning more often..

Respected Contributor

If you have not shopped for shower glass in a while you may not be aware that now the glass comes treated with a material that has a sheeting action so the glass is MUCH, MUCH easier to keep clean.  It lasts for 10-12 years.