Honored Contributor

Those friges that are flush with the counter, are they less deep?

I'm tired of losing things that get lost in the back.  I'd accept less square footage to solve this problem.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Those friges that are flush with the counter, are they less deep?

@depglass Yes, they are less deep. If I didn't have a 6'3" spouse I'd be forced to get one. 

Respected Contributor

They are less deep, but I have not had a problem with storage space. Mine is the French door with the bottom freezer. We really like it. Foods can be easily seen front to back and do not get lost. I do have a second refrigerator in my utility room that is used for raw meat, frozen turkeys, and what I consider "germy" foods. We have always had a second fridge.

I would not buy a counter depth side-by-side. I think their configuration could result in some storage space issues for both sides.

Respected Contributor

• Yes if you have a standard counter which I think is about 24" deep a flush with the counter refrigerator is less deep than normal. I had one once and didnt like it, it didnt hold enough for us all but of course depends on different family needs.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really like my counter depth French door refrigerator. For the two of us, it works. 
I always disliked the our side by side refrigerator. 

Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I'm tired of losing things that get lost in the back.  I'd accept less square footage to solve this problem.  

One option is to put something in the back to block off the space you don't need.

Honored Contributor

I have a very deep side by side fridge/freezer.  I picked out the size that I could defrost a large turkey in after years of wishing I had more room. 

I didn't want to be pulling up anything from a bottom freezer or leaning over to search.

Our DILove wants my fridge and asked why DS didn't get her my model.  (They bought one about the same time.).  DS told her "Mom shopped somewhere else!".

Honored Contributor

Yes, they are less deep and MUCH MORE convenient.  And the fact that they look better is another plus.

Respected Contributor

I would never have any fridge that wasn't a counter depth one again.  I hate a fridge sticking way out beyond the counters.  

Trusted Contributor

They are less deep which means they hold less. One of my sons has one at his house and I am always afraid to open the door...he has it jammed with stuff, so I am always afraid something will fall out. I usually have to unpack it to find anything. Not a fan but one would really work better in my own kitchen than the one I have that sticks out.