Respected Contributor

This week's project - rearrange my furniture

So, how often do you re-arrange your furniture?  It's been a few years since I have changed mine.  Today I was looking at old pictures of my living room and have decided to switch out pictures, rearrange the furniture and lamps.  Bring some things from upstairs back downstairs and take some from downstairs back up.  My livingroom can't be set up too many different ways as I have a large fireplace on one wall and a large glass door on the opposite wall.  Hope me luck! 

Valued Contributor

Re: This week's project - rearrange my furniture

We never rearrange our furniture.  Big open room, fireplace on one wall, open to the kitchen which takes out a wall.  We haven't even got many walls to hang pictures on.

Honored Contributor

How often? Never.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I used to do it all the time. I never do now. Just move accessories around and change things like shower curtains, bed coverings, rugs, pictures, etc., often. That's the best I can manage!

Respected Contributor

My mom and sister used to move their furniture around all the time.  You had to look before you sat down!  I'm just totally bored with my living room right now.  Need a change.  I'm sitting here rearranging it in my head so tomorrow I'll put the dogs in their crates and get busy. 

Honored Contributor

I love to move furniture around, but hate that I'm limited.  I only have one useful wall.  I desperately need the rug shampooed.  Bought a new shampooer, but need a little help moving the furniture.  Once I get that figured out, I'm ready for a change.

Esteemed Contributor

If I rearranged my furniture, I wouldn't know where to sit!!!

Honored Contributor

It's been a few years decades. There's a good chance Carmen San Diego & Waldo are hiding under it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What's funny that this should come up, is that we were discussing (at my home) about how great the rug has been in our LR. We both agreed that we wouldn't replace the love seat again, and we'd get a one color couch. Not that we have any plans, but I find it funny how we have a discussion on something now (at our age) and we're so the same on our thoughts. We did it on some jewelry the other day too (for me) and I almost got whiplash when he said exactly what I'd planned and thought about hours ago. It's almost scary.

Honored Contributor

In my living room, I used to do this at least every 6 months or so. I had two basic set ups that would work with my furniture and space.

But after adding what now seems like too many things, I'm kind of stuck with the way things are. Not really happy about that, as I enjoyed the change, but it just is what it is for now.

Most of the other rooms in my house can't be rearranged because of the size (mostly bedrooms). The beds will only fit in one area, so they pretty much have to stay the same.

In our family room, the incoming cable lines dictate where the TV is, which kind of dictates where everthing else goes. We do have a piano in there that never gets used anymore, and if I got rid of that, I'd have some other options. 

My mom used to rearrange furniture all the time. We'd go to bed at night and the house would be one way, get up in the morning and everything different. Literally. She would clean and rearrange late at night.