Honored Contributor

Re: This is why I ❤to shop Bed Bath & Beyond - Customer #1

I love places that offer great customer service but then people take advantage and it ends up putting up the prices on everything to compensate.I was on Costco yesterday and people were returning alcohol...even opened bottles.They said they liked a better quality but I am sure that it was leftover from an event.I see people returning furniture and tvs after a big sports game too.The lines to return at my Costco are constant and long.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

I love places that offer great customer service but then people take advantage and it ends up putting up the prices on everything to compensate.I was on Costco yesterday and people were returning alcohol...even opened bottles.They said they liked a better quality but I am sure that it was leftover from an event.I see people returning furniture and tvs after a big sports game too.The lines to return at my Costco are constant and long.

@dex

well of course there will always be a few who take advantage of it -- case in point, how many posters here have elated to the "letter" from Q (returns) & look how Q revised the return policies (now you lose your original shipping costs so I am careful not to forget to factor this $ amt in if I don't like it upon receipt).

Then again I think there are more honest people who appreciate a good experience with a faulty product to be corrected vs. using it & returning it. My son bought a 60" tv for his family room (not anytime near a sport event) from Best Buy after 2 weeks the picture was "blurring" - he returned to BB & they wanted to charge him 25% restock fee just for the reason you state.

Of course, the mgr waived it because the item was "faulty".

Respected Contributor

Three cheers & a fist pump for one more reason to support our bricks & mortar stores!!  

Esteemed Contributor

This is one reason I ordered my wall art from them. I thought if I find something I like better within the year I can return it. I also got a great deal. But I love it even more and have no intention of returning it. The only thing I wish they did more often is that their 20% coupons were for a entire purchase and not one item. That will cause me to get my handtowels and bathroom stuff for the new house somewhere else like pennies if they have the same thing.
Honored Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:
This is one reason I ordered my wall art from them. I thought if I find something I like better within the year I can return it. I also got a great deal. But I love it even more and have no intention of returning it. The only thing I wish they did more often is that their 20% coupons were for a entire purchase and not one item. That will cause me to get my handtowels and bathroom stuff for the new house somewhere else like pennies if they have the same thing.

@ccassaday - Did you know that you can use more than one coupon at a time?  So, if you have 3, 4, 5 or more items, as long as you have that many coupons, you can use them all!  They don't limit you to one coupon and you can mix the 20% and $5 off, so that you can apply whichever is best to each item.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 - I didn't know about this policy.  Thank you for posting it!  I still find the best information on these boards.  Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@ccassaday wrote:

@ccassaday - Did you know that you can use more than one coupon at a time?  So, if you have 3, 4, 5 or more items, as long as you have that many coupons, you can use them all!  They don't limit you to one coupon and you can mix the 20% and $5 off, so that you can apply whichever is best to each item.

That's great. I have never tried to stack their coupons online. But the handtowels I like on there are at pennies also. I will probably get my bathroom stuff over thanksgiving this year. Pennies had a 33% off plus a 15% over the holidays.  But I will keep that in mind about stacking coupons in the future.

Esteemed Contributor

I love Bed, Bath & Beyond!...It has always been one of my very favorite stores...Their Customer Service has always been wonderful and the Sales Reps working on the floor are so very helpful and friendly...The store definitely serves as a great role model for other stores to follow!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

For many years, I've kept all my receipts in a file folder, which came in handy - for all purchases.

A few years ago, I went to Bed/Bath and they sold large doggie towels and blankets. When I walked in the store, the manager asked if I needed help - and I said yes. He helped me select the towels and blankets totalling $100.- gave me a 20% discount on the total amount - and had the package mailed out to the Animal Shelter in Ojai, CA --- they paid the postage.

I emailed BBB's corporate office - I was so impressed.

YES  - Great store.