Esteemed Contributor

This is different - space for your pet

under-the-stairs-dog-house                                                                                                                                                                                 More

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

Re: This is different - space for your pet

Kids would love it. 

Honored Contributor

Very cute.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

It is very cold looking to me.  I would have put a nice thick cushion on the floor and some cozy blankets and toys. It looks so unwelcoming.

Respected Contributor

First impression:  Why mess up a lovely wall with a faux front dog house?

Second impression:  Reminds me of a large mouse hole in the wall!

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

My cat would like it but I would have to place her bed buddy in it w/her blankie.  We call her bed the bed buddy. She is a Tonkinese Blue Mink.  When I had my Siamese cat I purchased a bed buddy and it was a circular small bed with a lip to place you chin on but it was placed on the owner's bed.  My Siamese (Simone) loved it.  I kept the name for a cat's bed.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I have nothing against pets having a comfortable place to sleep  but cutting out a pet house in a stair way wouldn't be that place.

Honored Contributor

With a doggy mattress, it's a very good use of space for dogs that would use it.  

I never had a dog that didn't want to be where I was in the house, so I don't think they would have used it.  I know those I have now wouldn't.  

Looks like a cute storage space...needs a door, though.  

Honored Contributor

Like @Foxxee , my dogs have always wanted to be right beside me.  None of mine would have used a space like this.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I like it---that is wasted space under a staircase so why not--I turned that space into a pantry  in my kitchen--the stairs are in the opposite direction as this pic. Have a ton of extra space. fix it up for fido and I bet he/she will love it.