Honored Contributor

This is a test, it's only a test.

How do you cycle your towels for use? I say, ok start at the bottom and go up in the closet. As I fold them, I move the top ones down. For some reason I can see by the washclothes, that someone here is taking the ones he likes best, looks like the leaning tower of P. in Italy. I may have to put #'s on them. LOL

Have you solved anything like this aside from setting the t & w out for him for his bath? I refuse, I'm just playing here.

How's the "order" where you are?

Respected Contributor

Re: This is a test, it's only a test.

Ha!  It's only me there, so I could only blame myself (or the cat).  Actually though, I like to cycle them so I'm not always re-using the same ones.  I put the clean ones on top and take from the bottom!

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

First off there is only me.....I have four stacks of towels...I tend to grab the top one off of the stack that I can reach.....haha....

However about once a month I make myself rotate the stacks so they all get used and laundered...

Honored Contributor

I wash them and put them out again.   When they get shabby, I get "new".

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

Sounds like you are being a little over- controlling.  To expect someone, even a spouse, to follow  a specific system of picking a towel from the closet seems excessive to me.  Not trying to be mean, but  there are so many other important things to focus on without being upset or creating an issue over which towel someone pulled from the shelf. 

Honored Contributor

I thought I heard it all when a friend of mine only folded her towels a certain way before she stacked them in her linen closet according to color....

Now I do have to fold them in thirds in order for the stacks to fit my small linen closet, and I do tend to stack according to color, but since my colors are cream, brown and tan it really doesn't matter.... as far as rotation ..... LOL.... if they get into the closet without any of the ends hanging out the door.... I'm happy!

DH and sons can take whatever towels they want to use, I'm just grateful they bathe.... j/k.... but no, I don't worry about rotation.  When the towels start looked shabby, they go into my "rag and old towels" cabinet.

I tend to be neat and orderly but I also don't see the point in regimenting the system.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

I bought new towels that all matched. Took the old ones out. Not because they were worn out, but I had a dream that all of my towels & wash clothes would be the same. My husband told me, somewhat dramatically "some things are worth fighting for". LOL They are his favorites, so I put them back in the cabinet & he uses "his" towels. Whatever. 

Honored Contributor

It's just me and my husband here but I do the laundry and rotate everything....clean towels are put at the bottom of the stack in the bath closet. Underclothes are done in the same manner, newly laundered at the bottom...that way everything is rotated.  I am an organization nut...

Honored Contributor

I do what @Mom2Dogs  does.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Wow. I'm amazed the people actually put thought into this. Nothing wrong with it.....it would just never occur to me to think about it.