Respected Contributor

I don't know if any of you saw this woman on the Kelly Clarkson show, but I have seen her on youtube before the show and her home is out of this world and her decorations  are so over the top but beautiful!! her name is Jennifer Houghton. Lives in Dallas Texas. Her home is  Beautiful!! Check it out if you have some time.

Frequent Contributor

Re: This Woman Can Decorate!!

I just checked out a you tube video.  What she spent for 1 holiday decorations is what I live on for one year.  Surely not attainable for 99% of us.  IMO over the top.  Not my taste.  

Esteemed Contributor

I watched a little bit on youtube.  She has a beautiful home.  But you are right, way over the top on decorations.  "Less is More" is not something she believes in.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

Wow is all I can say as someone who likes to decorate.....

Honored Contributor

Her Turtle Creek Lane website is really something.

Like many bloggers, this is her job now.  She gets paid for linking products and showcasing them.  So what if her budget for decor is larger than that of the rest of us.  Use her site as eye-candy.  

It's not about replicating what she does but getting an idea here and there, if someone chooses to do so.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Went to YouTube and took a look at her Christmas 2017 decor. Definitely over the top, but beyond that, it really doesn't go with the elegance of the home. 

She may have young children and chose the decor for that reason, but it really is out of place in such a stunning and classic home. 

Respected Contributor

I liked it but I could never put that much stuff out. I would still be taking it down. (LOL)