Honored Contributor

This Roomba commercial drives me crazy

"Roomba, vacuum the kitchen counter."  Really?  After we have spent time Cloroxing the daylights out of things and you are going to put that filthy Roomba on the kitchen counter?  

Respected Contributor

Re: This Roomba commercial drives me crazy

Not sure, but I think in the commercial, the voice asks Roomba to vacuum in front of the counter, not on it.  I agree - would not want a Roomba ON the counter - yuck!

Honored Contributor

A 'counter' means anything which lies against (latin is "contra" means against) something else and in this case it would be the floor next to or against the cabinets or a bench. A 'countertop' is the area on top of a bench.

Respected Contributor

@depglass  I had the same reaction the first time I saw that commercial but then I realized that’s not really what they meant since roomba can’t levitate up to the counter by itself 😀

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

"Roomba, vacuum the kitchen counter."  Really?  After we have spent time Cloroxing the daylights out of things and you are going to put that filthy Roomba on the kitchen counter?  

@depglass.  I don't think it matters because your counter would have to be filthy with dirt and dust to need a Roomba in the first place.  Whose counter is so filthy they need a vacuum cleaner to clean it?  Hilarious concept for an ad.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment