Esteemed Contributor

Re: This Room..."warm, light .....

I think all the pictures posted in this thread are beautiful.  I do feel the first room is a bit over-crowded, which is really saying something for me because I can be guilty of that myself.  

Esteemed Contributor

It does look a bit crowded to me.

Just before the pandemic, and the world went crazy, we took a trip to South Africa to go on safaris.  We lucked out because we got a free upgrade to their best bungalows.  It was decorated in white and light wood colors and was just beautiful.  There is certainly a knack to doing that right.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Valued Contributor

Way to matchy matchy!! Symmetry can be good, but most everything in the first pic is duplicated, and it looks like a hotel lobby by doing that in my opinion. I can't see beyond the fact they bought 2 of everything & threw it in the room!
Esteemed Contributor

I am a Libra so balance is very very important to me but...

there are two identical pieces of almost everything in this room. To me it appears unimaginative and lacking interest.

Honored Contributor

Probably, but I would not want to live in this room or the rest of the house it fits in.  So not my style.

Honored Contributor

It seems to me that the person that designed this room loves pairs.  Two objects on mantle; two storage cabinets on each side of the fireplace with two objects on top; two lamps each side of the room; two sofas; two chairs.  Too many two's for me.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I think the words oversized, human scale, refined, and rustic describe the room fairly well. There are oversized and regular scale pieces. There are also refined and subtly rustic pieces. 

The room itself needs more color for my style. There are too many light neutrals for me. I don't like the lamps, mirror, or decorative pieces on the mantel. Lots of object pairs; I'd prefer less symmetry & more interest.