Respected Contributor

Things are looking good at the beach house

DH and I bought a beach house in 2018 with some of my inheritance as my parents always talked about buying one and never got around to it.  Anyway, it was a new build so it was very plain and I hated the builder grade floors.  So over the past year we put down new hardwood floors on the main level.  Painted the upper and lower family rooms and kitchen a light aqua blue.  Painted the sunroom, dining room, powder room and upstairs bath a light coral.  Painted the master bathroom a light blue and an accent wall in the master bedroom the same color in a deeper shade.  We have a tile backsplash in the kitchen that matches the aqua blue paint.   This weekend we put up  large black and white canvas photos that my husband took of landmarks around the beach area where our house is.  I have to say I really like how it has turned out.  Very beachy.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Things are looking good at the beach house

@ninjawife 

Sounds beautiful! Enjoy!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Enjoy your "new" beach home....sounds lovely and serene.

Respected Contributor

I know that satisfied, excited feeling. We bought a tiny one bed 650 square foot condo 20 years ago. It was in awful cosmetic shape. The building and condo unit itself were structurally sound, but it was so ugly.  Over time as money permitted, we put in bamboo flooring, painted the white paneling pretty colors, painted the kitchen cabinets, got rid of all the furniture, took down the dust collecting heavy drapes and replaced with window shutters, also replaced artwork  and just recently replaced all the appliances.

We have had scores of teenagers sleeping on the floor when my sons brought friends and managed to squeeze everyone in. Now, my grandchildren enjoy in the summer and we have never and will never rent it out. I love my "closet" condo because it's 100 steps from the sand and has served us well and we love it. What's nice is we are oceanside and there's a constant breeze so NO MOSQUITOES at the beach when we sit on the porch at night.

You are going to love it and enjoy!  ⛱

Honored Contributor

@ninjawife  Ooooh, I am picturing it in my mind and I LOVE it! When can I come for a visit? LOL. It sounds truly beachy, like something in my native Southern California. What great taste you have.

Honored Contributor

@ninjawife   You enticed us with the description but where are the pictures?  I want to see your view too.  You used all my favorite colors, especially the aqua and coral.  I bet it's pretty especially with you and your red hair to set it off.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment