Respected Contributor

Re: They call this Urban, Modern Farmhouse!! What do you all think?

Do not like open shelving. It screams to me that they didn't want to spend the money to install upper cabinets. There is not enough storage for a cook and all the necessary equipment.

I guess the thing that makes it farmhouse is the sink.

Honored Contributor

I dont care for the Open Shelving or the light fixture!! Would get rid of both. Otherwise a nice, big open space!

Honored Contributor

What I think is that 'urban, modern, farmhouse' is a complete oxymoron. No such animal. As for this kitchen, I like the floor.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I do lke that there are no hanging cabinets. Shelving is okay

It will never happen .... but  if I were to design a kitchen, there would be a large walk-in pantry with shelving for food, appliances, dishes, etc.  

I don't lke kiitchen islands.

I don't like eat-in kitchens.

I don't like the large span of glass walls / glass doors.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I find it stark, cold, and contemporary.  I expect farmhouse style to have a certain charm about it, and this has none. Especially dislike the parquet floors, which I associate with cramped NY City apartments.

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN 

Attractive kitchen although I'd change the light fixtures and the open shelving.

I grew up on a very large farm on the Blue Ridge Parkway.  They're big, just big.

Honored Contributor

I like it but I don't see anything farmhouse about it.  I require upper cabinets even though this design is very pleasant to look at.

I think it's an attractive kitchen for someone who doesn't do a lot of cooking.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Urban farmhouse? I have never seen a farmhouse in the city, have you? ... In fact most of the farmhouses I see in CT are neglected and in disrepair. I don't think keeping a modern home is their priority! 
I do like the style of that kitchen, but that term is silly and an oxymoron. Just my opinion! Thanks for sharing @CANDLEQUEEN . Have a wonderful day- 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN   I like this kitchen and do see a little of urban, farmhouse, and modern. In todays world a bit of a mix is a good thing to me and allows one to do a little more of what they like.

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN   I like this kitchen and do see a little of urban, farmhouse, and modern. In todays world a bit of a mix is a good thing to me and allows one to do a little more of what they like.

@jubilant I agree.  I don't like to be pigeonholed into a particular style.  It really limits your creativity.