Esteemed Contributor

Re: They Are Back!! #H206151

[ Edited ]

@PeterDM wrote:

How many days do the "tealights" that take the CR2450 batteries last?  My rechargeable ones only last 4 days, and the larger ones being offerred today only last 40 on the 2AA batteries.  I would imagine these CR2450 running ones only about 10-14 days.  If you buy these batteries in bulk (as I do), it's not too bad, but they could be a pain with the upkeep.

BatteryOperatedCandles.net lists 80 hours battery life, 5-hour timer, so in timer mode they should last around 16 days.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

How many days do the "tealights" that take the CR2450 batteries last?  My rechargeable ones only last 4 days, and the larger ones being offerred today only last 40 on the 2AA batteries.  I would imagine these CR2450 running ones only about 10-14 days.  If you buy these batteries in bulk (as I do), it's not too bad, but they could be a pain with the upkeep.

BatteryOperatedCandles.net lists 80 hours battery life, 5-hour timer, so in timer mode they should last around 16 days.

Yeah, that's a pretty short length of time. These candles are a really big investment.  I recommend going to the auction website and checking out the price of these batteries in bulk.  Years ago, I purchased 100 of them for around $20, and I still have more than half of them, and they are still working well.  2 of these batteries cost around $6 at Home Depot. That equals about $150 a year to run 2 of these candles if you buy the batteries at the store.  

Valued Contributor

What does everyone use these in? They are 4" high-that is taller than a regular candle votive. I am not trying to be a smarty pants about these-I just want to know, so that I can decide before the ivory sells out, if I can use them. If I have some ideas about where this size is best used, I can make a decision. Maybe others here would like to know, too. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I ordered a set of the ivory and red during YHWJ last night and I laughed when Jill was presenting these that she told the producer to order her a set of each color. 

Frequent Contributor

rosehill:  I use more flameless votive candles during the Fall and Christmas season than any other time.  I mainly use them for luminaries and candle holders.  A lot of the Slatkin ceramic haunted houses take votive sized candles (instead of the 3-wick), so instead I use either the CI or Luminara  votives.  Also, I have several snowman/santa luminaries from Costco I've purchased over the years and all of those have places for votives to sit in...I use flameless votives in those as well.   I use a lot of the flameless votives for several type candle holders.  Remember the Slatkin glass candle holders with leaf designs done in colors of green and gold, or the 6" acorn candle holders?  Perfect for flameless votives.  Some of my favorite "old" votive holders are from Yankee Candle; the crackled glass ones, the tiny looking ones with a base and lamp shade,  I have a 6" cut out white ceramic gourd that says "Autumn Greetings" on the front and a Luminara votive slides perfectly in the back and looks fabulous in it!  Hope this helps!  Now go get those votives, you will love them!    

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

These are the tealight votives I referenced above; 1.25" tall and 2" tall with the flame.  They take 1 cr2450 battery.  I would love to have these too!

QVC needs to offer these in a set larger than two and at a better price per tealight.  I have my eye on them but haven't ordered yet. 

As for the votives, I'm glad they're back for those who need them, but I just don't have much use for that particular height vs. diameter. 

SHOPR, I haven't purchased these either, yet.  I bought in to the CI Tealight votives when they were offered years ago.  I threw them all away after 2 months.  CI has fantastic candles & I have a slew of them.  I love my Luminara candles as well, however I am betting Luminara could have the same bad results and for that price, that would be my luck. They are even too expensive to buy one set just to try out.  Let me know if you get them.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PeterDM wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

I have been waiting and waiting for these to come back in stock and I just ordered the cream and the red.  I saw luminara votive tealights on another candle website that I am seriously considering as well.  These are a Hot Pick but no doubt will sell out fast.  

...and there in itself lies the problem.  There is nothing more annoying than having to constantly re-install new batteries & the kicker is when I see the brightness fading relatively early on.  I hope Luminara made battery life improvements on the new ones offered now; that's what I am hoping.  Right now my 4" CI votives I have are doing just fine!

Respected Contributor

@vintagenoel wrote:

rosehill:  I use more flameless votive candles during the Fall and Christmas season than any other time.  I mainly use them for luminaries and candle holders.  A lot of the Slatkin ceramic haunted houses take votive sized candles (instead of the 3-wick), so instead I use either the CI or Luminara  votives.  Also, I have several snowman/santa luminaries from Costco I've purchased over the years and all of those have places for votives to sit in...I use flameless votives in those as well.   I use a lot of the flameless votives for several type candle holders.  Remember the Slatkin glass candle holders with leaf designs done in colors of green and gold, or the 6" acorn candle holders?  Perfect for flameless votives.  Some of my favorite "old" votive holders are from Yankee Candle; the crackled glass ones, the tiny looking ones with a base and lamp shade,  I have a 6" cut out white ceramic gourd that says "Autumn Greetings" on the front and a Luminara votive slides perfectly in the back and looks fabulous in it!  Hope this helps!  Now go get those votives, you will love them!    

Ditto for me too!  I also use my CI 4" votives in a couple of Partylite collections I have.  I can't wait to get the new Luminaras.  Hoping they are not battery eaters.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BornToShop wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

I have been waiting and waiting for these to come back in stock and I just ordered the cream and the red.  I saw luminara votive tealights on another candle website that I am seriously considering as well.  These are a Hot Pick but no doubt will sell out fast.  

...and there in itself lies the problem.  There is nothing more anñoying than having to constantly re-install new batteries & the kicker is when I see the brightness fading relatively early on.  I hope Luminara made battery life improvements on the new ones offered now; that's what I am hoping.  Right now my CI votives I that are doing just fine!

I really hope these smaller Luminara offerings won't dim at all, but will stay bright until they start that crazy flashing, just like their pillars. 

I do have some Pacific Accents tall (3 or 4") votives that I have put to good use.  I have been well pleased with them.  Someone here praised them (I think it was our missing pal @Bdeezy) and I'm glad she did.  Of course, now I have been bitten by the Luminara bug, so I would love to have Luminaras both big AND small, but small as in tealight size.  LOL

Honored Contributor

When I first saw these candles here, I didn't know what I could do with them, but during the rpesentation by Jill, I got ideas so bought two sets in the red, hope they aren't scented.