Honored Contributor

Re: The new rocker/recliner arrived!

What a nice looking chair and what a steal. That price is awesome.

We have one real leather lazy boy recliner that will be 29 years old in February that I bought for my DH's 40th birthday.

I wish it would wear out, because I am tired of the color....emerald green.  

Honored Contributor

That is a nice looking chair.  Enjoy.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

That is a nice looking chair.  Enjoy.

It's a very nice chair. With the holidays coming up and the supply issues ongoing, I decided it was time to get it. You're starting to hear of three to six month delays to get some furniture, so getting one while they were in stock made sense. A lot of people upgrade furniture for the holidays, so demand is likely to outstrip supply pretty quickly. I got it while the getting was good.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman   I have a good friend that works for a furniture store.  For the last year they have been very busy but people still do not understand the supply chain issues.  I swear most people live under a rock.

Speical orders are 1 year out on deliveries, people get quite angry with her.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@gardenman   I have a good friend that works for a furniture store.  For the last year they have been very busy but people still do not understand the supply chain issues.  I swear most people live under a rock.

Yeah, and it's only going to get worse. I could have gotten by with my old chair for a while longer, but demand is only going to increase, and the supply isn't, so I grabbed this one while I could get it. There's typically something of a furniture buying frenzy before the holidays and at the start of the new year, so if there's something you want, now's a good time to get it. This chair was in stock and readily available at a good price, so I grabbed it. A month from now, it might not be available at all. As the supply dries up, prices will rise. Six months from now you might have to pay a hundred dollars more than I paid.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

It seems people understand them they're simply fed up with them and would have expected leadership to have better addressed them by now.  Seeing ships sitting off the coast waiting to be unloaded and no viable action being taken isn't sitting well with people used to a different standard of living. And before anyone wants to go down the 'spoiled and entited' road, that wouldn't be my sense of it. Rather, it's a matter of reasonable expectations built up over time that are not being met and not seeing anything substantive being done to address the problem. We're nearly two years into this pandemic and the foot dragging has gotten old.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@gardenman   Beautiful chair!  May you have many happy hours in it.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

WOW!!!!  Great choice!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

For anyone wondering how the new chair is working out, my cats would like you to know they're very happy with it.

IMG_20211121_092906898 modified.jpg

I like it too on the rare occasions one of the cats isn't occupying it. The throw is to protect it from Callie's claws. So far, so good in that regard. She's something of a furniture shredder, so I'm trying to protect its much as possible. By the way, this is one of the rare times those two are that close and not sparring with one another. They don't really love one another, so having them both that close together is a rarity.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Good looking chair.  Now comes the hard part, getting rid of all that cardboard.  It seems never-ending. 

And the cardboard is gone! Recycling day finally came. I said the cardboard was ten to twenty pounds? Nope. More like forty pounds. I split my mountain of cardboard up into smaller, more manageable bundles for the recyclers, but each bundle was pretty heavy. I wanted to put it out last night but it rained overnight so I had to keep it in until the rain stopped. If the cardboard is wet, they won't take it and then you're stuck with a soggy mess of cardboard. I got it out about five minutes before the recyclers came and I'm very happy to be rid of it. I still love the new chair. I'm just happy to be rid of the cardboard.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!