Trusted Contributor

The air conditioner installers helped themselves to........

beer, soda, and water without my permission!

I really should have posted this back in June when it happened as I need your advice on how to be compensated for this.

I offered them milk, brownies, and bottled water. However, when one (there were 6, 2 stole from me) thought I wasn't looking, he took one beer from my fridge. Come to find out they took a total of 5-7 beers, two cans of soda, one gallon of water. Makes me wonder, what else did they take?

I told the owner and he apologized. He said he would replace my worn hatch, replace the items stolen (and bill the thieves), provide a couple years free service. He then said what else? I shrugged and he said don't worry, I'll think of something else.

Well, it's now time for the final payment and I am not going to give it to him until he provides the service contract in writing.

He values references very much and basically does not want me to go online and write about my experience with his company.

My question to you is this: do you feel this is enough compensation?

I have had a lot of work done on my house and NEVER had anyone steal from me. Oh, and when they were confronted, they said we were joking about them drinking beer and they thought it was okay. This never happened. So, not only did they steal, but they couldn't even man up, admit they were wrong. They conjured up another lie and dragged me into it.

What are your thoughts?