Honored Contributor

Re: The Worst Decor Trend From The Year You Were Born

I was born in 1968 and the design trend was the circular shower?  We didn't have one and my parents had our home built the year I was born.  I don't know anyone who had a circular shower.  LOL

But we did have a dark brown couch and chairs, our kitchen was painted orange, we had pea green carpeting in the living room with white leather furniture and gold walls and to this day I remember the big wooden fork and spoon on the kitchen walls. 

What a nightmare.    

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Sorry @Spurt, but I like the orange Formica countertops...

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb

We are all different, and have our individual styles, and that's what makes life interesting....it would be rather dull (as dull as QVC) if we all liked the same things..........Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I was born in 1968 and the design trend was the circular shower?  We didn't have one and my parents had our home built the year I was born.  I don't know anyone who had a circular shower.  LOL

But we did have a dark brown couch and chairs, our kitchen was painted orange, we had pea green carpeting in the living room with white leather furniture and gold walls and to this day I remember the big wooden fork and spoon on the kitchen walls. 

What a nightmare.    

@Lipstickdiva... Oh my, I'd forgotten about the oversized untensils as wall art... 

No circular shower here, either... Though my current kitchen is painted orange...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb

We are all different, and have our individual styles, and that's what makes life interesting....it would be rather dull (as dull as QVC) if we all liked the same things..........Woman Very Happy

@Spurt Those counters with different cabinets and accessories would be so cool, but yes, I get it that we don't all think alike... Only "corporate" apparently thinks alike... and for decades at a time...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb

Oh yes you hit an important point---the overall "Brady Bunch look" is something I don't like. And certainly different cabinets and a different woodtone paired with some accessories would definitely change the entire look................I like these..........(edited with additional photos).

Related image

Image result for kitchen white cabinets and orange countertops grey orange kitchen charcoal - Google Search

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

Image result for blue boy pink girl

When were these popular?

I know someone who has them.

Honored Contributor

From the time I became aware of what I didn't like, it was the turquoise kitchen and the chrome table and chairs.  Really all of it.

Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

Image result for blue boy pink girl

When were these popular?

I know someone who has them.

@missy1

From what I read the 1970's..............

Honored Contributor

@Spurt I like the next to last kicthen... Although my cabinets are not dark grey, my kitchen is predominantly orange and grey and I really love it. I also haven't gotten tired of it. My counters are not orange though... and the orange I picked is more of a spice than a true orange... 

Honored Contributor

Shag carpet? Orange, yellow and/or green appliances? I don't really know. Every friends' house I visited had this decor for a LONG time. 

My parents home and my Aunites looked like something out of Masterpiece Theatre...antiques and classical decor..