Respected Contributor

Interesting, thank you!  I tend to prefer the ones with lighter walls. 

Valued Contributor

Thanks Lola for taking the time to post these. I found it interesting comparing eras and styles. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

Good Grief!  The walls looks like it's being invaded by birds (remember the Hitchcock movie?), flying cockroaches & a locust swarm.  Gives me the heebie geebies.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

GHWB-

My favorite

Esteemed Contributor

My favorite is the very first one, but all of the looks are beautiful.  I don't even hate the one with all the birds, although it is a bit much.  

Respected Contributor

Where is President Trump's?

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom  Trump1AF4066C-FFF6-4D37-A635-68E965FD17EA.jpeg

Honored Contributor

When JBK upgraded the White House interior she had the huge chandeliers in the East Room taken down and dipped in gold.  I think they were done at the Navy shipyard or some DOD facility.

Anyway, it added so much weight to them they had to brace the ceilings!  

A fun fact. . . 

Most of them are pretty, but I don't care for the green ones.  Greens like that just aren't appealing to me.  

Honored Contributor

The White House public rooms have such a grave, stately dignity, which varies somewhat from admin. to admin,, but of necessity retains the lovely sense of history that ties Americans so closely to the Executive Mansion.

It's fun to see the family quarters, too, which have a somewhat different function. That's where, traditionally, presidential families have felt more free to bring in elements that speak to them more individually, whether they be playful, flamboyant (but not too!), low-key, or just emphasizing family comfort and a respite from the high pressures they face.

i find these and other pictures of the White House sort of restful and soothing to comtemplate!

Honored Contributor
I feel unAmerican saying that I donā€™t really like any of them.