Esteemed Contributor

That's a beautiful room @Kachina624!

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I like the look but would need a little more color.  It's very drab.  My Southwestern accessories would fit in well.  Here's my dream room, which is similar to my own living room minus the gorgeous window. 

20161021_203226.png

Wow @Kachina624 Heart  this is beautiful . . . I agree with you . . .  the other photo seems a little too "drab."

Valued Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

That's the vibe I get off of this.

Image may contain: living room, table and indoor

From Pottery Barn.

I absolutely love this room with all the soft shapes and the piles of books. But if you took away those two poles behind the couch--what ARE they?--the focal eye interest would be gone and then the room would be really blah.

It needs color--but more than that it needs CATS!  Cat Wink Cat Wink Cat Wink

Honored Contributor

Re: The Shabby Artist

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

I like the look but would need a little more color.  It's very drab.  My Southwestern accessories would fit in well.  Here's my dream room, which is similar to my own living room minus the gorgeous window. 

20161021_203226.png

I'm not always a big fan of blue, but this is a great room, even though I'd skip that particular coffee table and change out some of the throw pillows...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

From Pottery Barn.

Sort of a slight steampunk vibe too... I like the room. I'm pretty tired of the whole run of the mill shabby chic look, but this is appealing for me.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

I think the room is very blah!  Everything blends into one another.......

@Spurt  All the light from the big windows washes the little color it has out.   The sofa needs to be colored. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@AuntMame wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

From Pottery Barn.

I absolutely love this room with all the soft shapes and the piles of books. But if you took away those two poles behind the couch--what ARE they?--the focal eye interest would be gone and then the room would be really blah.

@AuntMame  A patterned rug with some color would do wonders for this room. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@AuntMame wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

From Pottery Barn.

@AuntMame  A patterned rug with some color would do wonders for this room. 

You're absolutely right! You wanna come and redecorate my home? Woman Very Happy Love the picture of the blue room you posted!

Honored Contributor

That is either a really HIGH ceiling.........or a really short person decorated it!

(I'm 4' something...........so I'm aware I need to place "things" like pictures and mirrors higher than *I* think they should be.   I also mix in stuff "my size").

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

I don't think I care for the room. Having lived in apartments most of my life and having had white walls forced on me, I really don't like them. 

The look seems stressful to me. Cluttered, unfinished. Not for me.