Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Oval Office, Throughout the Years

[ Edited ]

They're all beautiful in their own way.  Clinton's red striped sofas caught my eye, and I noticed the conspicuous absence of a sofa at all, in Eisenhower's office.  Edit:  I see Eisenhower's sofa now - it's there, just pushed against the wall.

Cogito ergo sum
Valued Contributor

STRICTLY from a design viewpoint (no political preference) as the OP stated & had asked...

I like Bush Sr & Jr color-wise with the soft blue & tans & Carter for the different & more homey/welcoming layout of the furniture.

Interesting to see from this perspective/angle. Neat!
Valued Contributor

Also interesting I'm not a fan of the room of my favorite President of this bunch. But I didn't like them primarily for how they decorated! lol
Honored Contributor

I almost universally prefer the office configurations that include lighter rugs. Those with dark blue carpet are so trite and predictable and, to me, the least appealing.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Interesting that only Kennedy and Johnson did not have valences.  Gives a much lighter look.

Honored Contributor

As far as appealing to me as a soothing and calming room I choose Johnson. Trump is the the most Presidential to me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My favorites are President Reagan's and President George H.W. Bush's.  I  liked the neutral colors of Reagan's and the light blue of Bush's. 

@lolakimono   Thanks for the thread.  This is so interesting!Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Respected Contributor

Rearrangement of furniture is the only difference I see in Ford and Carter's . I like Obama's valance on the lovely window better than the 'poufy' ones on the others. Otherwise they all look pretty good. Nixon's colors certainly grab attention.

Esteemed Contributor

In preference order

# 12 President Trump  office design

# 5  President Gerald Ford office design

# 6  President Jimmy Carter office design

# 7 President Ronald Regan

#13  President  J Biden

I was surprised how colorfully dramatic President Nixon's office was. I  must have missed  how colorful  his  office was  when I was  much younger.  Or we still had a black & white TV .  There was  similarity  between, Gerald Ford's office and Jimmy Carter .  The stripped candy cane  sofas in President Clinton's office was an eye catcher.  President  Eisenhower 's green  office, maybe was an expression of his  tastes. He did like going to Camp David which I remember as camp  Shangri- La which was named by President Roosevelt .

Trusted Contributor

George H W Bush with the soft blue rug and drapes.  It's serene and welcoming and not overly formal.  The first photo, Ike's office with the mint green walls, reminds me so much of his wife Mamie.  She was all about pastels.