Honored Contributor

Re: The House with the Foyer...

Oh no!!! Too much everything!! Am thinking about how much you would have to move to clean all the clutter--give me simple, clean, uncluttered any day.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

That house is beautiful inside and out.

Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:
It's beautiful. The artwork in the 2nd and last photo though, doesn't seem in keeping with the rest. But, if they like it, that's all that matters.

@Snicks1 I tend to agree on the art. At first I really liked the piece chosen for the foyer, but seeing more of it, I like it less. I still appreciate it and find it appealing, but a bit less so than I did initially...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

Lovely, well-appointed home which is my comfort style, with a few changes. Thanks for sharing.

Glad you enjoyed the post @BirkiLady.

Honored Contributor

@ScenicMaine wrote:

@stevieb

Thank you again for all of your pic posts.  And, for also thinking of others' request.

I had a feeling this home would be large & overall formal looking, including the outside.  I'm sure it appeals to many, but not me.  I appreciate much smaller & simple style.

I'm ok with the "soft" colors of the bedroom esp. the area rug.  Also, the long windows & sofa.  The light fixture, night table, bedframe, etc., not my taste & too formal.

The art piece is very nice with bright colors.

The dining room wall paper is ok (for any accent wall) but the furnishings, again, way too formal for me. 

Thanks @ScenicMaine...

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Gorgeous, @stevieb -- it does live up to the foyer!  I love their use of color and the feeling of "luxe" and comfort.  My only caveat is the wall treatment in the dining room, which for some reason strikes the wrong note for me-- feels fussy and not relaxing for a dining room.

But that house is eye candy, for sure!  Your new device seems to be working fine.

@Oznell  I'm not really loving the dining room wallpaper either... Truth to tell, while it's a lovely home, I'd make some changes to all the rooms and wish I had a more complete view of the living room...

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

It's as gracious as the expectations the foyer suggested.  Thank you, @stevieb 

Thanks @GingerPeach... A lovely home and I especially like the exterior look of the house...

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

Oh no!!! Too much everything!! Am thinking about how much you would have to move to clean all the clutter--give me simple, clean, uncluttered any day.

Different points of view and all are welcome... I guess I'm just not seeing lots of 'clutter'... I'd also surmise that moving and cleaning are left up to 'staff'...

Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chiclets wrote:

I like this house and most of the interior. It appears to be as a home a person could tour.

I am not fan of pianos in a home but some decor during certain periods in time all had them.

@chiclets Pianos are not decor.  Pianos are for piano players.  It's the first space I look for when we are looking at a home.  It MUST have a place for a piano!

Edit:  I'd change the green walls in that room to a very very soft peachy color (a hint of pink!) and it would be perfect!  That's all I'd change.  Well maybe put a comfy sofa or daybed (even better!) in the master bedroom.  Maybe a fainting couch or chaise?  In a comfy soft fabric.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@chiclets wrote:

I like this house and most of the interior. It appears to be as a home a person could tour.

I am not fan of pianos in a home but some decor during certain periods in time all had them.

@chiclets Pianos are not decor.  Pianos are for piano players.  It's the first space I look for when we are looking at a home.  It MUST have a place for a piano!

Edit:  I'd change the green walls in that room to a very very soft peachy color (a hint of pink!) and it would be perfect!  That's all I'd change.  Well maybe put a comfy sofa or daybed (even better!) in the master bedroom.  Maybe a fainting couch or chaise?  In a comfy soft fabric.

@Sooner 

I stand corrected. Yes, pianos are for players of them and not just used as decor.

I have a friend who has a white piano in her living room, no one plays it, she has it because she likes the appearance of one in the room, as such, I concluded it might being used as decor.

It seems as though you really enjoy your piano.