Honored Contributor

Spent last night and this morning packing up all the CIJ deliveries. Those going back, and those going into storage. I was bound and determined not to have any of it left out after August 1st.

Last year, I left a lot of things sitting out in the spare bedroom, and it got to be such a mess. Everything has run many timer cycles, and batteries removed, repacked and labeled.

Have some of the porcelain bells coming, and will have to test those yet.

I even got out my pictures from last year, to be sure I wanted to add each piece/set somewhere, and had just the place picked out, all in an effort to not keep things that are less than wonderful, or keep wonderful things with nowhere to put them. 

Feels good to have it all decided, packed, and put up so I can get back to 'real life'.

Have enjoyed CIJ here this year more than ever. Thanks everyone for all the fun and friendship. On to Fall!

Honored Contributor

Re: The Great Pack UP from CIJ!

[ Edited ]

Hi mominohio, Yes, I'm ready for Fall too...chomping at the bit to start putting it all out. I will probably get started tomorrow and finish up by the end of next week. 

We have our 1st two Fall migrating hummingbirds that arrived a couple of days ago and they are still here for probably another day or so til they move on...depending on the weather of coarse. This is such an exciting time of year for DH and I since we don't have them here during the breeding season...only when they migrate through. I'll be very busy for us over the next couple of months (through about mid October) or so taking pics, documenting and enjoying them for the short time they are migrating through.

So to DH and I, Fall has officially begun! Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio, it has been a blast.  I can't imagine anyone having more fun than we have here all month and even in June leading up to CIJ.  This is what a forum should be, sharing info on products, ideas for using them, what's coming up and even riding a broom to NE, to visit Susan Louise, where else could anyone have more fun shopping.  We all need to hang around  at least through Fall and Christmas and then crank it up again for the 'Bunny Brigade'. lol  Don't work too hard now packing all that stuff.  I think I'm done unless the sleigh and Polar Bears tempt me or something shows up that I just have to have.  Woman LOL

Frequent Contributor

Mominohio, isn't it a wonderful feeling when you set your mind to something and it all comes out the way you have planned?  I have done the same thing, although I did not purchase a whole lot from this CIJ as I have in previous years due to some poor quality issues.  My carolers under glass from Valerie have been tested and set up on a shelf where I can easily bring it down when I start decorating. Today I packed away the "as is" champange finials because I tested for several days and all was wellSmiley Very Happy

My set of 4 Glitter Poinsettia Clips by Valerie in champage were unboxed and stored in a tub awaiting another set. A 4-Piece Faceted Glass Crystal Swags by Valerie were checked over and put in a tub with other crystal items. Just waiting on a porcelain bell and another set of "as is" finials in red and I am done/finished.

The only thing that needs to be tested is my Bradford Flocked 4ft tree which I plan on doing next week.  

I, too have reviewed pictures from the last several years to see exactly what and where my new items will go.

The only item I truly want to add is another set of Dennis Basso Gold Mercury glass trees which are by far the best purchase I made earlier this year.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Mominohio, it has been a blast.  I can't imagine anyone having more fun than we have here all month and even in June leading up to CIJ.  This is what a forum should be, sharing info on products, ideas for using them, what's coming up and even riding a broom to NE, to visit Susan Louise, where else could anyone have more fun shopping.  We all need to hang around  at least through Fall and Christmas and then crank it up again for the 'Bunny Brigade'. lol  Don't work too hard now packing all that stuff.  I think I'm done unless the sleigh and Polar Bears tempt me or something shows up that I just have to have.  Woman LOL

@lucymo

hoping that everyone stays in touch and we have lots to talk about with home shows throughout the fall and holiday season. 

It gets rather quiet on here in between 'holiday' things, and I know I'll make more effort to start some posts and get folks involved. I really do enjoy it!

And I'm secretly hoping that the rest of the things to come out for Christmas the rest of this year are of no interest to me. I'd love to just watch and NOT BUY another holiday item! 

Honored Contributor

@littlearl wrote:

Mominohio, isn't it a wonderful feeling when you set your mind to something and it all comes out the way you have planned?  I have done the same thing, although I did not purchase a whole lot from this CIJ as I have in previous years due to some poor quality issues.  My carolers under glass from Valerie have been tested and set up on a shelf where I can easily bring it down when I start decorating. Today I packed away the "as is" champange finials because I tested for several days and all was wellSmiley Very Happy

My set of 4 Glitter Poinsettia Clips by Valerie in champage were unboxed and stored in a tub awaiting another set. A 4-Piece Faceted Glass Crystal Swags by Valerie were checked over and put in a tub with other crystal items. Just waiting on a porcelain bell and another set of "as is" finials in red and I am done/finished.

The only thing that needs to be tested is my Bradford Flocked 4ft tree which I plan on doing next week.  

I, too have reviewed pictures from the last several years to see exactly what and where my new items will go.

The only item I truly want to add is another set of Dennis Basso Gold Mercury glass trees which are by far the best purchase I made earlier this year.

@LIL EARL

Yes, it is a great feeling to not have this stuff just sitting around and going through the testing phases. It can get out of control and in the way very quickly.

Last year, I totally changed up all my decor for the holiday. I've done the same treasured and collected vignettes and displays for many years. But last year, I wanted a new, more sophisticated look in the main level of the house, and a more primitive country look in the family room. I bought a number of things on Q and went rather crazy at Hobby Lobby, and reinvented my decor strategy using some of my favorite old things incorporated in new ways.

I think that when I unpack this year, I will be ready to give up some of the older things that I didn't use the last couple of years, and perhaps change the way I'm storing things. My goal is to take down and store all things together that 'match' and go with a certain syle or setting in one plastic tub, rather than individual boxes. Much easier and quicker to set up and take down for storage. The only exceptions might be the things like finials as they came in nice packing, and would be safest put back in such, but labeled on the outside so easy to find and match with the tub they are going with.

I don't do fall decor until after Labor Day, as a rule, so I'm tickled to get my house back to 'normal' for several weeks, and enjoy the end of summer.

Honored Contributor

@littlearl wrote:

@LIL EARL Those trees look very elegant! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@littlearl wrote:

@LIL EARL

I have noticed those trees before, and they appear to have much nicer MG effect than Valerie's pieces, more evenly distributed and richer looking. Is the glass as heavy as it looks?

It seems those, as well as Home Reflections MG has Valerie's quality beat by far. I got some Home Reflections MG pieces for fall last year, and they were so much better done than Valerie's. I wish she'd kick it up a notch in the quality, even if it raises the prices.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@littlearl wrote:

@LIL EARL

I have noticed those trees before, and they appear to have much nicer MG effect than Valerie's pieces, more evenly distributed and richer looking. Is the glass as heavy as it looks?

It seems those, as well as Home Reflections MG has Valerie's quality beat by far. I got some Home Reflections MG pieces for fall last year, and they were so much better done than Valerie's. I wish she'd kick it up a notch in the quality, even if it raises the prices.

@Mominohio  I just watched the video and yes, the trees are heavy weighted Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

Susan Louise and Mominohio,

RE:  Dennis Basso mercury glass tree's.  Yes, they are elegant and very well done.  This is a outstanding example of what we all expect when we order mercury glass.  They are a very good weight and as I said before it's been the best investment I made for this years holiday decorations.

FYI:  One day when checking on these I noticed that they had red and blue on waitlist.  However it was just the one time that I caught that with this item number.  So hopefully later this year the silver, red and blue will show up for purchase for those that want/need those colors to decorate with.  When I posted my review I mentioned that it would have been nice had these came in a set of three,