Honored Contributor

If you like this style, then it is very pretty. But for me it is too ornate and too much furniture. I like Foyers that are nice and streamlined with only minimal furniture.

Honored Contributor

No.  Silly looking.

Honored Contributor

Re: The Grand Foyer...

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

That gold, round boudoir setee reminds me of a Golden Girls episode "Love Rose."   When Rose's date, Isaac Newton, comes into the ladies bathroom at the party...

Isaac: I was wondering where the party got to.

Dorothy: Isaac, this is the ladies' room! This is where ladies go to the bathroom.

Isaac: [looking at a large sofa that resembles a toilet] Whoa, how do you lift this baby up? I guess you have to stand back when you flush this thing."

Sorry, that was the first thing I thought of when I saw that photo.  I have to stay off the Lifetime channel.

I do love the floor.

@Caaareful Shopper  I remember that episode. Too funny. And yes, there was a very similar piece of furniture in that ladies room. Personally, were it me, I'd remove that piece from this foyer.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb . Lord!  Too many little things in this photo.  It almost makes me anxious looking at it.  Many little pictures, too many little chairs, many little decor items.  Not for me.  LM

Honored Contributor

I love it.

If you have the house that affords that much room for a foyer, why not fill it up with interesting furniture?

A foyer can be used for a 'quick' sitting room, instead of heading into the living room or other areas of the house.

With all the different seating areas, you can pick and choose--to sit on the couch or on chairs or wherever.

I'm not one to complain if my house had a semi-circular drive that would accomodate several cars and a valet?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Too much going on for my taste, and most of the furniture, fixtures are not my style at all..... do not like formal!

Honored Contributor

We're all different with different tastes. I have to admit, I like this foyer. I'd get rid of the round settee and, as @Witchy Woman said, the impractical granite ball. I'd probably make other tweaks too, but I do like the space and many of the decorative elements. To be sure, most of us would not have a foyer like this in our 'average' American homes...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...