Valued Contributor

The 2-3 tier wire or metal basket decorating craze.

Is anyone as fascinated about them as I am? I see them all the time at Hobby Lobby and broke down and bought one. My kitchen counter space is limited but will try to work it in. I just spent way too much time looking at all of the ideas to use them on line. I am thinking it is a good way to "corral" some of the smaller decor items from fall and Chirstmas into one statement decor piece. Do any of you use them and like them? Would love to see your ideas. I was overwhelmed by all they showed on line.

Respected Contributor

Re: The 2-3 tier wire or metal basket decorating craze.

I’ve always liked them too....I don’t currently own one, years ago I had one with artificial fruits and vegetables.

I try to have fewer items out on my kitchen counter these days.

Have fun deciding how to use your wire basket, I bet it will be fun .

Honored Contributor

That would be good to put in the pantry to keep potatoes, onions etc in. It would get the air circulation they need to keep longer.

Honored Contributor

Many fruits/veggies on hand in my house....My kitchen is full of fresh produce.  I have  three black wrought iron baskets in configurations of two and three layers. I like that the air can circulate around the produce.  I also finally found the right refrigerator to hold produce.

Honored Contributor

I like them but don't own one.

Honored Contributor

Count me yet another fan of them, @nomar.  They are both practical and look so good.  I think even Q has some, or at least did.  When you figure out how you are going to use yours, do tell!

Honored Contributor

I love them, but only have one that's been hanging from the ceiling to one side of my kitchen sink for the past 30 years.  It used to hold a small plant on the top tier, but it dripped too much.

So now they hold rolled kitchen towels.

I didn't know it was a craze.  I just like the look.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Don´t know if it´s similar to the Mikasa that QVC sold recently. I bought 3 sets , different colors so have 6 total. I love them even though I haven´t used them yet except to give one to my  sister  filled with fruit for her birthday.

A friend of mine has the round, two tier and use hers for Keurig cups and other things and one with soap and hand towels for her bathroom.

Honored Contributor

@Azcowgirl    If space or clutter is an issue, you could always hang wire baskets/shelves from the wall above the counter.  I've even hung a 3-shelf wire bookcase.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Ideas seem endless with them. What I saw on line for decor was faux pumpkins, gourds, leaves, etc. for fall and for Christmas there were some with santas, snowmen, etc. Just seemed like a good way to put together a look that is all in one piece. I will just have to copy one I like. I am not one to put together something on my own like some talented people out there that do. I really do need to stay out of Hobby Lobby. And I really  need to stay away from VPH.   Won't happen. I will be front row seat for her next show. :-)