Regular Contributor

That silly phone sanitizer..

[ Edited ]

I think that the phone sanitizer is ridiculous.

So the phone is clean for what ..2 minutes? Then you go off into the world and touch all the horrible germy things they keep telling us about and the phone is again a mess!

why bother? Untill it creates a barrier that lasts it's useles!

If you worry about all the things we touch we'll go nuts 

Just use common sense with cleaning..

Really..how have we survived till now???

Let's just get in a bubble...

Trusted Contributor

Re: That silly phone sanitizer..

I use Windex Electronics Wipes on my iPad, iPhone, and TV screen, and I've never had a problem with ruining any of the electronic components.  You're right, though. The second you take your device out of that sanitizer, it gets dirty again either from your hands, purse of countertop.  

Honored Contributor

My ma was one of those "germ freaks"..............My "germy"  friends had to honk the horn in the driveway...............    She would scour the bathroom down if anybody else used it............      She used a scrub brush on the crotches of pants....................

As a result, I am pretty much a slob.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

darlight - you are hilarious!!!

I feel like that is another one of those common sense faux paus (sp).  If you think about it for a minute, maybe 2 -- you'll realize, oh wait, now it isn't sanitized anymore- I used it.

Silly product, I think.

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

My ma was one of those "germ freaks"..............My "germy"  friends had to honk the horn in the driveway...............    She would scour the bathroom down if anybody else used it............      She used a scrub brush on the crotches of pants....................

As a result, I am pretty much a slob.

It coulda gone either way for you...as long as your happy.

Honored Contributor

Just recently, I spent a great deal of time with a beloved family member in an ICU. There were signs posted EVERYWHERE indicating that cell phones were far worse than toilet seats for conveying germs.

Whether anyone believes that or not, you will be told to wash your hands and leave your phone in your pocket or purse when you enter such a unit.

As we all know from this board, "common sense" aid not always "common" and often very subjective.........

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

Just recently, I spent a great deal of time with a beloved family member in an ICU. There were signs posted EVERYWHERE indicating that cell phones were far worse than toilet seats for conveying germs.

Whether anyone believes that or not, you will be told to wash your hands and leave your phone in your pocket or purse when you enter such a unit.

As we all know from this board, "common sense" aid not always "common" and often very subjective.........

I will wholeheartedly agree that phones are increidble germ magnets. 

When I see where people carry their phones, where they use them, how they are passed around, it makes me gag to think some people never clean them.

Anything we sanitize is only sanitary for a little while, but that doesn't mean we stop doing it on a regular basis. It still needs to be done. Even more important is how and where we use and store and set down our phones. People should really think about it.