Honored Contributor

Re: Thanksgiving with a touch of Industrial (shocker, I know...)

@wagirl wrote:

@faeriemoon ----- omg ---I would LOVE to have glass cabinet doors  like that!  Where would I get that type of glass for cabinet doors? Been googling like crazy to find seedy glass panels but can't seem to find anything. I tacked lace panels in picture frame type cabinet fronts that need to be replaced. Would love to see a picture!

@wagirl I will try to take a picture today and post it for you. 

Honored Contributor

Table #3 with the six burning candles is my favorite. Too bad there is no place for the food.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl   Here is the seedy glass in my upper white kitchen cabinets:

IMG_3426.jpg

And here is the seedy glass in my dining room built in china closets:

IMG_3435.jpg

If you need a different angle or a longer distance shot, let me know.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think we have to like every single feature in a room to see the intrinsic beauty in these pictures. I was evaluating them purely from a Thanksgiving/fall tablescape aspect.

As for a chalkboard--not that large or in that setting, but I could see one near a desk area in the kitchen where a running grocery list is kept. Then when going to the grocery simply snap a photo on your cell phone and you are good to go.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pretty tables. NO to all the chairs. They look so uncomfortable!

Also: are tablecloths no longer appropriate for Thanksgiving dinner?!

Honored Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

Pretty tables. NO to all the chairs. They look so uncomfortable!

Also: are tablecloths no longer appropriate for Thanksgiving dinner?!

I love the look without them, but I always use a protective pad and a tablecloth on my table.  

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon---OMGosh--------I LOVE the look of the seedy glass !!! I want it!!!!! My kitchen is very small and old circa 1986--- not very many cabinets/storage/space and they are formica doors--gag, choke, cough----- I think putting glass in the uppers would really brighten it up until I get a new kitchen----in my dreams, Woman Frustrated---I have all colors of fiestaware that I would love to be able to see every time I go in there.Just need to find a place to get the right sized glass for the buffet I want to re do--did you have those doors done by someone? Thanks for the great pics!!

Love !!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@wagirl   We bought the cabinetry with the intention of obtaining the services of a glazier.  From him we selected the glass we wanted and he cut and installed it.  The cabinetry was purchased without glass in the doors.  Most companies encourage you to get your own glass so they don't have to worry about breakage when shipped, opened, and installed.