Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Terrazo Marble in Unexpected Shade

ABSOLUTELY I would!  I would paint all or part of the wood cabinets a deep green and find me a ceramic or Le Creuset cast iron eggplant for the countertop and do the room in purple and green.  

It could be stunning and sophisticated with the right touches.  Oh and mix in copper!  

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono  I like the color, but I could not live with it, especially in the kitchen.  I can just hear one of those young wives on HH insisting that the color of the counters was hideous and the kitchen would just have to be gutted.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Super Contributor

With all due respect, no. The marble looks like frosting. There is nothing I like about this kitchen. The overhead light is creepy too- wild and disturbing...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I looked at again and I think it is stunning!  It just needs some darker paint--green, gray, navy--to get rid of all that white and replace that awful hardware on the drawers and doors.  And get rid of that curved thing--what is that all about?  

Imagine that and then put in some copper or hard anodized cookware, maybe some beautiful glassware in colors and neat items in the shelves. . . could be beautiful! 

Esteemed Contributor

Not in a million years.  

Honored Contributor

Too ornate and fussy for me.

Respected Contributor

GAWD NO

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono 

Have to admit, I've never seen it before.  For a "flash" moment I committed, then I un- commited.  

It's related to the purple shade & I'm not a purple lover. That being said, I can't commit to the room as a whole.  It feels very closed in to me.

Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

It's pretty. While I wouldn't necessarily choose it, yes, I think I could live with it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono   

Thanks as always for your thought provoking post.

I’m not a fan of pink, even in the kitchen.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras