Esteemed Contributor

The historic town of Water Valley, all 7 acres, is for sale for $725K.  I sent this to my neighbor who has talked about possibly moving to TN.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

Looks very nice.

Honored Contributor

beautiful plot of land--   even a good price for all that land compared to costs in many places.   Could be a deal for the right person depending upon the laws and responsibilities  regarding its use

Honored Contributor

It looks nice - would be fun if your neighbor bought it.

Respected Contributor

Town? Seven acres would be an awfully small town. The low price says it would be a lot of responsibility to take on. It would be a beautiful personal property. 

Esteemed Contributor

It makes me think of one of my favorite shows Schitt's Creek. If you never watched it's about a family that loses everything except a small town the father purchased. I know off topic, but I love the show! 

Respected Contributor

Hm, I see now it's listed as an 'abandoned town.' Many of the structures are in bad shape.

If it's historic, the new owner may have lots of problems in tearing down what needs to be, without restoring instead.

That photo doesn't look like main street town, which is the 7 acres I think are for sale. The buildings in the photo look modern. 

Honored Contributor

Interesting. 

Respected Contributor

@SXMGirl 

It may be a small town, but it's such beautiful country.  I wouldn't mind at all (if I had the $$) to live in that area.  Thanks for sharing.

Esteemed Contributor

@sceniccoast  I agree.  The surrounding area is beautiful, even if this 7-acre town has buildings that need to be demolished.  While some think that 7 acres is not much for a town, it is much larger than some of the islands for sale off of the east coast that are subject to hurricanes.  Of course, I would rather my personal view be the ocean, but I could live in a serene setting like this town.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!