Super Contributor

Temp-tations as decor

[ Edited ]

I'm new to the "world" of Temp-tations. In fact, I own ONE thing, a metal wire bowl with a ceramic trivet bottom. I'm finding myself being drawn into Tara's designs more and more. But, I'm hesitant to get them because, 1) I have a ism with glazed / painted pieces you put food on. I know they're safe but, I feel like I'm eating off of a polyurethane surface...I know it's not, . I phobia, if you will. An unprovoked one at that. 2) I really don't need another catchall.  

I'm tempted, no pun intended, to get a platter to have on a plate stand, and a few small tureen type dishes for cute candy dishes. I'm one of those that if candy is in the house I don't want it. I crave it when I don't have it. 🤷🏻‍♀️ So, it would be more for others than me. To be completely honest, I'm more inclined to have cough drops in a candy dish than candy. Which, if you think about it, is just menthol-eucalyptus candy. 😂 With seasonal allergies, and living in the woods, cough drops are a go to for most here. 

Has anyone done this? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Temp-tations as decor

[ Edited ]

I have several pieces and ironically the pattern I chose coordinates nicely with my living/dining rooms.  I have a glass, lighted cabinet that several of the pieces are stored in...looks very nice!

edited to add:      I don't bake anylonger in my temptations....I have read to many stories of the product cracking in the oven.  I don't have a lot but will not purchase any additional pieces.  It's to bad that the issue cannont/will not be corrected.  Tara has some interestin, functional, pieces but I am not taking the chance on breakage.  All my pieces are painted nicely with no flaws, but I guess some people have received items that are less than perfect.

Honored Contributor

@Ane1Care  Have you checked out the Polish Stoneware, the finish is not as thick and shiny and the art work on the pieces is much better done. Yes, that line is more expensive, but you get what you pay for. I do have a few of the Temp-tations pieces from years back and do use them, but they are too cheap looking IMO to display or serve in.

Esteemed Contributor

@Ane1Care wrote:

I'm new to the "world" of Temp-tations. In fact, I own ONE thing, a metal wire bowl with a ceramic trivet bottom. I'm finding myself being drawn into Tara's designs more and more. But, I'm hesitant to get them because, 1) I have a ism with glazed / painted pieces you put food on. I know they're safe but, I feel like I'm eating off of a polyurethane surface...I know it's not, . I phobia, if you will. An unprovoked one at that. 2) I really don't need another catchall.  

I'm tempted, no pun intended, to get a platter to have on a plate stand, and a few small tureen type dishes for cute candy dishes. I'm one of those that if candy is in the house I don't want it. I crave it when I don't have it. 🤷🏻‍♀️ So, it would be more for others than me. To be completely honest, I'm more inclined to have cough drops in a candy dish than candy. Which, if you think about it, is just menthol-eucalyptus candy. 😂 With seasonal allergies, and living in the woods, cough drops are a go to for most here. 

Has anyone done this? 

@Ane1Care  .... Be smart & stay away from Temp-tations .... the quality is not there .... there are so many other companies that make beautiful, quality decorative pieces like Lenox for one ... spend your money wisely not on junk 😃

Respected Contributor

my wife has a fall temptations that has pumkins and stuff on them . its a platter, a big serving bowl with a cover and a smaller bowl she puts out for fall as decoration but your candy out in a bowl reminded me one time we went to my wifes sisters house for a holiday and she had out what looked like candy and my wife took a couple peices and said to her sister this candy tastes awful and her sister said thats not candy its air freshener. we all found it to be funny.

Honored Contributor

I am not a fan of any of the Temptations products.

Esteemed Contributor

Two friends of mine use Temptations big mixing bowls as planters and they look great.

Platters on  stands really stand out as and you can change them out according to the season