Honored Contributor

Re: Teal in the Living Room...

I really like the first room. I don't think I would change a thing.

The second is OK for a Beach Rental/Vacation Home but it lacks warmth and personality IMO.

Honored Contributor

The first room has too many pieces that appear they don't belong, and why are those lights dangling down in the middle of the room. 

The second room is very coordinated almost to a fault, with military precision.  Beautiful wall color and if you live contemporary decor, you should be in heaven. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The first one, I don't consider to be what I call 'teal'. The second one is closer. 

I'm a lover of blues, but not teal. It's one of my two least favorite colors, along with 'peach'.

Honored Contributor

#2 wall color; not the furnishings.  

Am actually pushing a similar color at teacher daughter, as her bedroom desperately needs painting.   

Honored Contributor

I like the white sofa and the rug in the first one, nothing else about either one. 

Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

Depends on the shade of teal.  Although I prefer the first photo, that shade is on the darker side so I prefer the shade in the 2nd photo.  

As the rooms as a whole, photo 1 wins.  I like the furnishings better.  I'd still change out a few items though.  The 2nd photo, the sofa blends too much with the wall.

Thanks for sharing.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm normally not a lover of teal but I do like both rooms.  Of course, I'd have to make lots of tweaks though.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I'd like to see some different art work in the first one.  I do prefer that background.

Respected Contributor

I don't care for teal in the living room, but my front porch furniture for the summer is teal/green/white and my porch rug is somewhat similar to #1 but a bit darker.

Honored Contributor

The more I view the second room, the more I like it.

Before this photo, I wouldn't combine the blue sofa color with the teal wall.  

But, in this particular photo and room, I really do like the combination. 

The first room looks a bit 'busy' re: the furniture and carpet combinations, etc.

The second one is more 'minimal', so to speak, and more or less.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).