Honored Contributor

Taupe & White Christmas

[ Edited ]

I think this room looks nice. The colors and textures seem to work, but it’s too neutral for me.

I really like the wreaths and stars decorating the windows. I like the mirror glass table and most of the accessories. The furniture is ok, but the chunky woven & fur throws aren’t my style. Trying to figure out the flooring. Part of it looks like wood, and the other part tile? I think the large floral & ball ornaments are too big. They seem to overwhelm the tree. 

Other opinions? 

36CD5A63-ED6F-4565-B31D-1CB308E700E9.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

This is beautiful. It actually doesn't look like anyone lives there.... Looks so perfect, it looks staged to me (and there is nothing wrong with that....).

Esteemed Contributor

@wilma  I like the colors! It reminds me of a sepia photograph. If I had the money to change up my Christmas decor each year, this would be a color combo I'd consider. I don't like the chunky throws either. And the ornaments are too large for the tree, I agree. Also, the blinds are distracting. 

Honored Contributor

the colors are calming and soothing, but i dont like any of the ornaments on that tree, especially those huge flowers. i also do not care for that "tulle?" tree skirt.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I suppose this is supposed to be sophisticated  but it's way too colorless and bland for me.  I love the colors of Christmas!  I dislike those chunky afghans; id have my toes tangled up in them and they look rough.  The tree decorations look dated and, yes, too large.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Re: Taupe & White Christmas

[ Edited ]

This room is absolutely beautiful.

Super Contributor

Too vanilla for me. Looks beautiful like a museum. Nothing about it says festive to me. I have always believed Christmas was for children!

Mint

Honored Contributor

Re: Taupe & White Christmas

[ Edited ]

NO. These aren't Christmas colors for me. Too boring and bland and not fond of the ornaments, especially those great big ones.

Esteemed Contributor

I was prepared to say yuck when I read the header Taupe and white but changed my mind quickly when I saw the picture. Beautifuly designed room and the gnome with the red hat is the perfect accent. Is it for me? Absolutely not, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the room as is. 

Honored Contributor

I think this room is gorgeous minus that chunky throw.

It is way too formal for me but I love it.