Honored Contributor

Re: TYPICAL MILES REDD BOLD LIVING ROOM

Oh, yes, @godi --  I'm ready for tea in that setting, in front of a roaring fire, any time!

Esteemed Contributor

Too much going on for me.  Too cluttered.  I do like the windows and drapes, tho.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I think I would change the chairs, stool, and throw pillow fabric to cream or very very pale blue or green (almost cream). I think it would lighten up the room. Love the fireplace and drapes.

Esteemed Contributor

Way too much color going on for me.I like muted more relaxing hues.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell  I love Miles' work and actually, this is sort of a tame use of color for him... I'm not sure I'd ever hire him were I in a position to do so because his rooms are very bold, but I enjoy looking at his work... This is a gorgeous room... The only disconnect for me is the grass cloth... I don't like it,.. I've never liked it... and it's been incredibly over-done in recent years, as decorators everywhere seem to have embraced it... Personally, I love the animal print pillows...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Not for me.

A lot going on here.

Do like the floor light though.

And, the book stack on the coffee table. I stack books in my home too here and there.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

Looks pretty comfortable to me.

Honored Contributor

Lots of interest and texture here.  I like it!  Isn't that the most perfect looking fire?!

Esteemed Contributor

I like it but I'd have to have the fireplace in wood (or painted white) and I'd replace the pillows on the sofa.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown