Honored Contributor

Re: TWO MODERN LIVING ROOMS, TWEAKED

@jubilant 

I love that chest!  What a beautiful piece!  You did such a wonderful display!  Just beautiful!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

I very much enjoyed this stroll.

I liked some elements of Rebecca's background, but the brass shelves looked cold to me, as did most of her work, although, the flow was excellent.

Drew did a wonderful job, although, a bit stark.  I am not a fan of "red" wood work in any space; it seems to grab the richness of the color seems to grab the eye.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@jubilant 

I love that chest!  What a beautiful piece!  You did such a wonderful display!  Just beautiful!!!Smiley Happy

@ECBG  That is not my hutch but one very much like it. Mine is hickory. I took this picture and another one, however, and mine turned out very much like the one you see except it has only 2 shelves on the top.  I'm glad you like it....I'm loving what it's done for my room!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @Oznell  Governments of several countries (including Australia, U.K., U.S-NOAA., etc.) , citizens, & residents try to protect coral/coral reefs because of their important role in the oceanic ecosystem. The United Nations Environment also has a protection program.

Some people mistake corals for plants. Corals are not plants.

Corals are live animals. They consist of small, colonial, plankton-eating invertebrate animals called polyps. 

Corals are sessile animals that attach to the ocean floor. Corals are dependent on a plant-like algae to build the biggest biological structures on Earth.

There are numerous government and organization websites that are enlightening, along with YouTubes if you're interested.

Honored Contributor

I find some of her oils quite interesting too, @Katcat1 ,  even though it's not what I usually go in for.   There's a vigorous one of a horse, and that dramatic one of a lady in a long dark skirt you can just glimpse, over the fireplace,  etc.  She was saying, interestingly, that for smaller ones and prints, she will switch them up by season.  But the big, presumably "high-investment" oil paintings don't go any where! 

Thanks, @Desert Lily ,  for more info on fascinating, vulnerable coral populations.   Very good to know.

Respected Contributor

Love that look Jubliant.  

Respected Contributor

Boy, that second room is really jam-packed!

Forget it.

Super Contributor

Living room #1.  To me, her placement of decor items on top of the books make it really awkward and inconvenient to pick up a book and look at it.  This is just my feeling, I think the room would feel more light and airy if the lamps weren't in front of the window interfering with the outside view and natural light, and the dark wall was painted a lighter color.  I like the brick walls, the brown pillows, and the wood eggs.

Living room #2.  His re-do of the ceilings, floors, and pillars look good.  I like the new front door but think it would appeal more to me if it were in a lighter and warmer brown color.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

That hutch and china combination is a pretty look, @jubilant .

Honored Contributor

I like the 1st one far more, however it is missing for me some color...She has added some greenery, which helps, but not enough to me.

The 2nd one is ok, but not at all my style!