Honored Contributor

I love the first kitchen.  For me, the second one is a nightmare.  

Honored Contributor

Re: TWO KITCHENS

[ Edited ]

I don't like the hanging lights or the black cabinets in the first kitchen. The black stove hood and island are ok. I'd prefer chair backs instead of stools. I'd add some colorful accessories. 

I like plants, but not in a kitchen. There are just too many of them in the space. I like the table and chairs but not the rest. 

The dog is adorable! 

Honored Contributor

I like both kitchens even though they are very different.  I don't think the first kitchen is as large as it appears in the photos.  Photographs often make rooms appear larger than they actually are.

Love the artwork above the fireplace in the second set.  Just had to mention it because I know many here will poo poo it.

Honored Contributor

I do agree though that in the 2nd picture, the stools should have a back to them for comfort!

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon,  you and @Katcat1  and I all love that drawing!

I think you and I both really like the mix of modern elements with vintage.  The English seem especially good at that, and Laura Jackson's no exception...

Honored Contributor

The Designers have designed attractive kitchens. But I really think they do not cook. They design.

And the marble backsplash is beautiful but I know for a fact I would not be able to keep it clean. Another example the Designers don't cook.

Honored Contributor

While both are nice kitchens, I'd not choose either for my own home. Were I forced to pick a favorite, it would be the first one. For some reason, the second looks unfinished to me or perhaps just a little too esoteric.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...