Honored Contributor

TSV patio mat DID arrive today, and boy is it nice!

I ordered two of the patio mats that were the TSV a few days ago, and one of them arrived today.

I ordered one light and one dark, both in the 5x7 size. The dark one arrived today, and I rolled it out on the front porch where it will be used.

This is my first experience with any kind of patio mat, and I'm very impressed with this so far, especially for the price. It feels more like a rug, and less like the plasticy feel that I expected it to have.

It came rolled up, and so the one end is rather crinkled, and it is only in the 30's here today, so it will take some time to lay flat, but I'm thinking that on a warm day, with a spray bottle of water, I can get it to flatten out. It actually isn't the whole edge, but more in one corner.

The colors are great, the scroll pattern is even prettier in person, and the quality for the price is very surprising.

I know they were selling these as indoor/outdoor, but I couldn't imagine they'd be nice enough for inside, but I was wrong. They would be very nice inside, and lighter weight and easier to move and clean than a traditional rug.

Can't wait for warmer weather to be outside and enjoying these, and hope the other one makes it here tomorrow. I'm considering going on waitlist for more of these. I think it would be great if they did some smaller area rugs, as they would be great in front of doors, in place of doormats.

Honored Contributor

Re: TSV patio mat DID arrive today, and boy is it nice!

Thanks for the review. Just lay it out in the sun and it should flatten. I'd give them some time - see how they wear - before ordering more though.

Honored Contributor

I fought ordering it, then decided to get one of the 5x7. It was too late though, they were sold out. They looked nice.
Frequent Contributor

I missed out on ordering the color I Wanted. They sound very nice!
Respected Contributor

That's nice that yours arrived and you like it. I won't expect to see mine for a few days yet.

Respected Contributor

That sounds lovely! Let us know, as the season goes on, how it is doing outdoors. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

On 3/27/2015 FastDogWalker2 said:

That sounds lovely! Let us know, as the season goes on, how it is doing outdoors. Thanks!

I will definitely post about them again mid summer, and again at the end of the season. I'm really anxious to see how they weather, and just how quickly they will dry out after a rain. I've never tried anything like this, and hope it doesn't turn out to be one of those things that is actually more effort to have than it is worth. Our porch and deck are small, and I am on them barefoot much of the time, so I'm hoping these are as comfortable as I expect, and not something that lays wet for a long time, or has to constantly be taken up to hang dry. We'll see!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the review. Still waiting for mine...

Respected Contributor

Sounds nice. Could you lay it out upside down for a while

to get it to uncurl?

Respected Contributor

I was tempted and that was a great review. I would want the larger size for our deck but was concerned about mold and mildew growing underneath it if did rain. I don't want to deal with that problem. Do you think that just the sun could take care of that or would I have to hang it somewhere to dry. They sure are pretty.