Honored Contributor

TSV for June 14...do you own one

I am somewhat interested in the tsv carpet cleaner today on the Q (saturday).

If there is a thread I missed it.....does anyone own this and if so pro and cons please, thank you!!

Respected Contributor

Re: TSV for June 14...do you own one

I really like mine for my hardwood floor. So easy to use. It's ok on my runners, but not so good on my Berber. I mainly uses it for hardwood floors.
Contributor

I brought mine from Bed Bath & Beyond was $199, but with the 20 percent off coupon brought it down to $159.00 plus tax. Does a excellent job on my tile in the kitchen & bathrooms, haven't tried the carpet yet, since i already have a carpet cleaner.

Contributor

Does anyone know if today's Shark TSV is easier to use on carpets than a traditional carpet cleaner? It looks so easy on tv but sometimes the demos aren't always reality. Thanks in advance. I'm really interested in this but I am trying to be practical. I already have a traditional carpet cleaner but I like that you can use it on hard floors and carpet.

Honored Contributor

On 6/14/2014 njoylife said:

Does anyone know if today's Shark TSV is easier to use on carpets than a traditional carpet cleaner? It looks so easy on tv but sometimes the demos aren't always reality. Thanks in advance. I'm really interested in this but I am trying to be practical. I already have a traditional carpet cleaner but I like that you can use it on hard floors and carpet.

I would like to know as well...I am surprised there is not more 'talk' about this TSV. I also have a larger carpet cleaner but I am intrigued by this machine, but I don't want to waste my money......

Respected Contributor

I don't own it, but there are lots of reviews on Amazon. I know that's not as good as hearing from people on the forum, but it's a little bit larger sample.

New Contributor

I love mine and it really is a easy as it looks to operate which is wonderful when you have a bad back like I do. My carpet needs replaced but I have been putting it off. When I used this cleaner, I was shocked how well it cleaned my older carpet and the spot treatment is fantastic it even removed some very old stains just spray on spot and let it sit for about 5 minutes. I am very happy with this item and I forgot to mention that the pads are great and hold up very well. I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone.

Honored Contributor

On 6/14/2014 njoylife said:

Other than perhaps an occasional spot, I wouldn't use this machine for carpet cleaning. There is no way to extract the dirt so it's going to stay in the rug. The rep says, "vacuum it out when it dries". Many types of dirt can't be vacuumed out. That doesn't even make sense. A carpet shampoo machine, especially the better Hoovers and Bissells do a fantastic job and are easy to use. If I had carpet issues, that's what I'd buy.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have one and in fact I saw the machine last month at Costco for $149. I have tile and love this machine. It is one of the best things that I ever bought. I have a very bad back so I have to be careful. This cleaner is easy to use and does the trick. I have 4 Parrots and it really makes cleaning their area a snap. Before I bought it about 6 months or so ago, I read a lot of reviews. The reviews are great for hard floors but no outstanding for carpet. In any event I would not hesitate to buy it.