Honored Contributor

Re: TSV clay cleaner...Is it really that good?? Any users??

@Mominohio thank you!

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:
I think it works just like they say.  Yes, mominohio is correct...you gotta rub! 

Glad you stated that!  I noticed when the MALE vendors of these cleaning products are partnered w/a FEMALE host, the females NEVER, EVER scrub.   

It appears you need to use MALE strength/muscles to get the objects clean w/one or two swipes using.

FWIW....

I realize the female vendors do not want to mess up their hands & nails.  But, that is why Playtex invented...Screen Shot 2016-02-03 at Wed, Feb 3, 2016-1.37.04 PM.pngwhistling.gif

I noticed the same thing when the FEMALE host was presenting those 50 micro cloths.  The MALE vendor was doing all the rubbing.  FEMALE host never rubbed a thing!

@Mz iMac

Saw a presentation of this a little bit ago, and Antonella (sp?) did actually do some of the scrubbing! Go figure! She is doing a jewlery show right now, so she must have been careful!

Honored Contributor

It is wonderful!  There was a large burned spot on the inside of an old pot.  I soaked the inside with this clay, just left it for several days, and when I cleaned it, the inside looked like new.

Some cleaners will scratch stainless steel, but not this clay.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

It is wonderful!  There was a large burned spot on the inside of an old pot.  I soaked the inside with this clay, just left it for several days, and when I cleaned it, the inside looked like new.

Well I hope it works for me.  For whatever reason, one of my sons wanted to make popcorn the old fashioned way.  He used one of my pots and of course burned the bottom.  It has had black burnt on spots ever since.  I have tried cleaning it over and over to no avail.  Luckily, we don't use that pot too often.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

Well I hope it works for me.  For whatever reason, one of my sons wanted to make popcorn the old fashioned way.  He used one of my pots and of course burned the bottom.  It has had black burnt on spots ever since.  I have tried cleaning it over and over to no avail.  Luckily, we don't use that pot too often.

@Puppy Lips  As another poster mentioned, it does take some elbow grease, but it does work.  I would put some clay in the pot, then warm water, and let it soak for a few days at least.

Honored Contributor

It does a great job on my stainless steel sink and my ceramic cooktop.

I also used it recently to get some older stuff off the inside of the oven door.  It didn't get everything, but did much more than I expected.  I re-applied it several times, clearing it off after each application (and each scrubbing).  I only used the sponge that came with it.  And I can't scrub all that hard due to health issues.

It's also great for removing tea/coffee stains from the insides of cups if the dishwasher detergent isn't doing its job.  (I tried a new dishwasher detergent that is not living up to its billing, but didn't want to toss it out.)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Frequent Contributor

I agree with all the positive responses and suggestions you received from other Bio users. I just want to add that it is GREAT on silver - jewelry or serving pieces and so much less toxic than the traditional silver cleaners.

I cleaned my whole fiberglass tub with it today, as I have done before and use it for lots of other cleaning - stove top, sinks, etc. I don't think you'll regret buying it - just keep trying it around the house as noted by others!

Respected Contributor

Before these boards changed, I remember responding to a post requesting tried-&- true cleaners for fiberglass tubs.

The base of the master bath shower is fiberglass and I only use BarKeeper's Friend cleanser in the gold and blue can.  Since it was really bad, I wet it down, liberally sprinkled the BKF cleanser and wet it down also.  Used a long handled brush to spread it around and let it sit for 15 minutes.  Rinsed and repeated the steps.  WOW, bright white again.

BKF works beautifully on stainless steel sinks too.  I can remember when we had the kitchen redone that the porcelain sink picked up many gray marks from pot, lids, etc and stains from coffee.  Regular cleanser did nothing to banish the marks and stains.

HTH  you to save time and $....

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

I am interested in this product so I tried to research. they do not list ingredients and only say it is clay mixed with soap flakes and mineral oil (I found on some blogger website on the net).

they did say it's not all as easy on some things, you do have to scrub a lot. Makes me think it would be hard to clean those oven racks and inside the oven without a lot of rubbing and scrubbing,

With all that said, again in trying to find more research, why is QVC the only place in the US that sells this? The only other place that came up was eBay so that doesn't count as a retailer. Before I buy anything I like to check other places for bargains. In this case I wanted to see if I could buy just one jar with the sponge and nope, nowhere.  Those 3 tubs look like they'd last for years. Once you clean all your stainless steel pots and sinks I would think you wouldn't need to do that again for a long time.

When QVC sells something they always seem to sell multiples and with just me in the house I don't need months and months worth of products. Anyone else find this in singles somewhere? What happens when QVC sells out, you can't buy it again? 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Honored Contributor

Why not just use Barkeeper's Friend?  Isn't this about the same thing?  I have becoome SO leery of QVC lately.  Isn't that a real shame?  But they will say anything now.