Honored Contributor

TSV battery organizer review

I really debated getting the battery organizer that was a TSV a few days ago. My mom had the original small one, and I wasn't too impressed based on the small size, and the way nothing locked down. 

The new one caught my eye because it was so much bigger, two sided storage, locked down with a handle, and operates like a carrying case, so easy to move all your batteries around to where you need them. Grab and go for sure. 

The drawback I considered before I bought was that it had tons of space for AA and way too much space for AAA but holds only 8D and 10C. I have in one room alone, enough Luminara candles to hold that many D size batteries. It really needs more space for C and D. 

After really thinking about it, I decided it would at least be a big step in the right direction to organize the tons of batteries we keep. I got a total of four of them.

One for the main floor of my house, one for the lower level where the family room is, one as a gift that I filled completely with batteries (that cost a fortune, but I know it will be well received), and one extra one that I will put partially used batteries in, because especially after the holidays, I take down the decor and have a lot of partially used batteries, and they say you shouldn't mix them, so I'll have one case just for those. 

Since we will probably be talking about purging and home organization in the new year, I just wanted to review these here. They are out of stock, sold close to 150,000 of them I believe, but I'm sure they will be bringing them back at some point. 

I like that it has space for C, D, AA, AAA, 9 volt, and button cells. We have lots of odd ball batteries for things like garage door opener, key fobs etc, and all of those fit in too, even though there wasn't a space designed specifically for those sizes. I just used some of the space for other sizes and they all tucked right in. 

I have a very organized battery drawer anyway, but this is even better, with the exception of not being able to store enough C and D. I honestly could use a case that size just for C and D size. I will still have the warehouse club packages of C and D batteries in the drawer beside this organizer, but it really cleaned up the drawer, and it let me take some batteries in a very organized fashion to other levels of the house, so less running up and down stairs getting batteries in those locations. 

Image result for battery storage container qvc

Honored Contributor

Re: TSV battery organizer review

I bought a battery organizer a couple months ago.  I had searched for a couple months.  I thought it looked like it would solve my battery storage problem. LOL.  Boy was I wrong.  It wasn't big enough.  I jumped on this one as soon as I saw it.  I haven't filled it yet, but know it will do the trick.  

Valued Contributor

@Mominohio  That was an excellent idea for a practical gift! I hope you don't mind but I think I am going to use that with some of my adult children. It's useful and will be well appreciated. 

Congratulations on getting your batteries organized!

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Trusted Contributor

I purchased 2 of the battery organizers.

One for our house and one for my father-in-law. 

My father-in-law is just so hard to shop for as I'm always running out of ideas as to what I can get him.  I'm going to put some batteries in it for him and I think this will be a perfect gift.

Honored Contributor

I bought this and am too lazy to return it. 

Not enough slots for C and D batteries, but I knew that going in.  Way too many slots for AAA. 

The whole back section is for AA batteries, which is lovely, but the batteries don't fit. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Valued Contributor

@gidgetgh  Amazon has a TON of differnet configurations.   You might find one there that better suits yours needs.  I did.

Respected Contributor

I thought about getting this, but decided against it. I've bought so many sets of Lock andLock from QVC over the years that we had a surplus and had to start thinking creatively. We use one for 9V, C and D batteries and another slightly smaller one for AA and AAA batteries. We keep the button batteries in a plastic resealable bag, but I did see a Lock and Lock bacon holder downstairs this afternoon that could be repurposed for the buttons. 

Respected Contributor

Ordered 3 and two are gifts and filled with batteries as well.  I think it will be a gift well received.

I also think more space for C and D is needed.  I have the smaller version for kitchen drawer and the larger one for overflow.

Respected Contributor

I have 3 of the original, they're setting in a drawer side by side & the lids are easy to flip open so I use them all the time....I had a carrying case style before & didn't like it so the TSV was an easy pass for me.

Super Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

The whole back section is for AA batteries, which is lovely, but the batteries don't fit. 

I almost pulled the trigger for 2 of these (for husband and father in law) but saw that others made this same comment on other reviews and that scared me off - seems like we have a lot of AA batteries and "if they don't fit, I must acquit" LOL