Honored Contributor

TRADITIONAL VICTORIAN FARMHOUSE IN THE HAMPTONS

one kings lane_kelli delaney_EXTERIOR WALKWAY.jpg

This is a bit of a change of pace, since it strikes me as a little more formal.  It represents the fusion of styles of a design editor and her relatively recent husband.  The house was his originally.

one kings lane_kelli delaney_PORTRAIT BLUE WHITE FLOWERS.jpg

Although very pretty, it isn't 'quite' my style.  What I so enjoy about it though, is the confident use of color.  Yay.  It's rather difficult to find recently styled interiors that aren't stark, almost blinding white.  (And I've always liked white, just not as the CONSTANT default color everywhere!  I exaggerate, but...)

This looks comfy.  Blue is so complementary to mellow old wood and gilt picture frames.  I'd like the blue a bit lighter though.

one kings lane_kelli delaney_LIVING ROOM.jpg

Again, a little formal for me, but handsome.  This dining room reminds me of a room that Sean Connery would have in his fabulous "hunt country" house in Maryland in Hitchcock's "Marnie":

one kings lane_kelli delaney_DINING ROOM.jpg'

Her office is located in the house's turret! 

one kings lane_kelli delaney_OFFICE.jpg

one kings lane_kelli delaney_BEDROOM.jpg

one kings lane_kelli delaney_BATHROOM.jpg

As much as I like white marble bathrooms, I don't like this little "platform" treatment on top of the wood floor.  In a full bathroom like this, I prefer just a simple marble or tile floor.  The small platform under the tub just looks kind of 'cutesy' and skimpy to me...  And a tripping hazard-- I'm klutzy.

one kings lane_kelli delaney_BATHTUB.jpg

This snug little guest room corner is my favorite.  I don't know, it just looks cozy to me, with that rich, brown  suede-ey looking headboard, lovely paintings, and luxe bedding...

one kings lane_kelli delaney_GUEST BEDROOM.jpg

Romantic garden, sigh...

one kings lane_kelli delaney_FOUNTAIN.jpg

Nice place to loll!

one kings lane_kelli delaney_EXTERIOR OUTDOOR SEAT.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: TRADITIONAL VICTORIAN FARMHOUSE IN THE HAMPTONS

Nothing about it appeals to me.   

Esteemed Contributor

It's a beautiful home, but not my taste.

Respected Contributor

Very charming and formal American!

Respected Contributor

A beautiful home. Don't care for the decor but the gardens are beutiful.

Respected Contributor

Lovely and it works for me...would lighten the walls though, and do not like the marble platform in the gorgeous white bath....

Honored Contributor

@Oznell This home is quite pretty.  I've been done with the upholstered piece instead of a coffee table.  It's been done and gone.  

Also, the blue bedroom doesn't do a thing for me and I wouldn't chose it in any hotel setting.  I don't care for the museum lights in the dining room.

Honored Contributor

I like the architectural detail, the dark woodwork, doors, not so much her decorating except the formal dining room. 

Victorian is one of my least favorite styles, but this one is rather restrained compared to some I have seen.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

At this point in  staying at home , I'd love a week at a  bed and breakfast or this estate just for a change in  venue. My home is super cozy but  not being able to go anywhere  and not visiting family/friends  has become very tiresome.  For me , this is the new norm till a vaccine comes out   so I am  really enjoying these photos .

Honored Contributor

A great house and I really like the living room. Otherwise, some nice elements throughout, but that's as far as I'd go. Agree on the silly marble pedestal to gain access to the tub.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...